Attention ALL NEWB's Glassers!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
IMHO you can learn a LOT from this video!!! It shows all the basics on how to mix and apply resin. Mix and apply gelcoat. Talks about temps. Application techniques the Whole process. Plus he has a GREAT Accent!!! I think you'll enjoy it!!!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
All I can say is, thanks for posting that video. Seems I wasn't as far off as I thought I was with my mixing efforts... :thumb:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I thought I made a comment here already but it seems to have disappeared. So I'll make one again. Thanks for the posted video. I see my glassing efforts weren't that far off and I was doing things correct except the ratios percentage. With the cooler weather, I was having kick-off time problems with it take soooo lonnnggg to kick off. So now I know! Thanks again WOG!

alldodge

Staff member
There are two threads, the Mod should combine them soon

Fun Times

Staff member
There are two threads, the Mod should combine them soon
Yes there were a few accidental topics and some other confusions as well. Sorry guys for all the confusions.:(

Thanks for posting the video WOG.:thumb:

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
Wow he's a pro ,after watching realized I only missed 8-9 steps , same as dry walling learning the hard way. Got to love the Intranet ! To learn all this visual info in our times it has been so hard to gather .

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Cool..Saved. Nice presentation. Answers alot of repeated questions and alot of my own.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice vid but I had a real hard time understanding him with the accent . But then again i'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other .:facepalm:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Nice vid but I had a real hard time understanding him with the accent . But then again i'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other .:facepalm:

Sam,
This might help. http://www.hearingplanet.com/ or could be those there ole sand knats getten in that ear ya know! :joyous:
I think the fella was an Aussie? Not sure either. I don't know how you guys can keep up with mixin up poly. What a chore but definitely a savings on the wallet. I have parts of my boat I might try out with that. {Don't tell anyone.}

zool

Captain
Theres no way that flow coat would fill in that cottage cheese without a skim coat, and aggressive sanding..which he doesn't show...yet the finish product is relatively smooth..he even skipped the unwaxed build coat, tho he mentions it...maybe I missed something..or he's celebrating St Patty's day a bit early ;)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, I agree the Gelcoating aspect of the video leaves a LOT to be desired, Leaves out a LOT of details and doesn't SHOW a lot of critical parts. But the glassing parts do show a LOT of good technique. Just thought it would be helpful for a lot of the Newb's and like they say... a picture is worth a thousand words, and I'm gettin old and tired of talkin so much!!!:D;)