1971 Starcraft Falcon Rehab

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
A few weeks ago I purchesed a Starcraft Falcon with Mercury 500. I have read and enjoyed ideas of other posts and would like to share and get any help or support along my jurney. I will been adding pic later to night.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Welcome to the Tin-sanity

A Falcon w/ a 50Merc from the early 70s should be real sporty ;)

Looking forward to seeing the pix

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
I got this boat,trailer and motor $200.00. "My wife said I wasted money". So my plan is to get the motor running to justify and have some equity in my investment. So spending hundreds on the motor just not to work, is the last thing I want to do. So fare I've spent about $45.00. BOAT1.JPG

Tnstratofam

Commander
:welcome: Looks like a great project. We love all these old tin boats, and I don't think Falcons are to plentiful on here so this will be a good one to follow. Good idea on getting her up and running. That will show the Admiral it will be a good investment in the long run.

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
motor.JPG Tear down starts. Cleaned carbs, all electrical connections, distributor anything that would prevent a spark. My goal here is clean, get spark, compression, replace fuel lines.

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
I sure would love to tag along and see what all you get done

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
motor pic after start.JPG motor pic after start.JPG This is after I had it running. The internal harness was all burn or bad. I used wires I got from work and a light switch for a kill switch. The little bottle on top was filled with fuel. The motor started and ran for just a few seconds until I hit the light switch.

Ok, here's were I need my first bit of help....How do I get my pics turned and I have video I'd like to show but an error keep coming up?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Most of the guys use Photobucket to load their pics. Then once they are in PB, they copy the IMG Code and Paste it directly into their post. Pics will be larger and correctly aligned.

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
All I'm looking for the floor center support that run length of boat. Maybe even specs or any info.

Thanks

jbcurt00

Staff member
Best I can do is provide a pix of InMotions's early 60s Falcon:
IMAG1145_zpsa5c59bcb.jpg

His rebuild topic

If you have questions that don't get answered, you might PM him directly

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm not familiar enough with the Falcons to say for sure there was a center support. It could be like the Jet which doesn't have a deck above the hull.:noidea: Hopefully jb or lakelover will be along to say. Inmotion redid a falcon as well I think. Maybe you can do a search to find out.

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Their is a bunch of guys here that knows there stuff, normally you can find somebody that has worked on boat just like yours here

Tnstratofam

Commander
I knew jb would be along with the answer. He's pretty awesome!:encouragement:

64osby

Admiral
fetch

Is there evidence of a stringer, rivet holes at the centerline in the ribs?

Some of these had a thin floor, 1/4' that formed to the ribs with no stringer

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a '68 Falcon the stringer is 8' long 1.5 inches tall at the back and 4.5 inches tall at the front. Someone made one from 2 lengths of aluminum angle riveted together.

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks everyone. Today will working I use iboats and got my answer. I will defiantly make my own.

rehab

Seaman Apprentice
I just got a new wiring harness for to motor and i'm starting to rebuild lower unit pump and any seals. also will be filling the haul up with water to lower rivets to check for leaks.