light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

sportrider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been restoring my boat for the last few months now...(seems like much longer though) and after a lot of advise from here and making a ton of decisions I can say I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I decided to get the 2lb flotation foam from aeromarine products. last night we got the foam in, and despite being intimidating thinking about it, it was super easy to use and works awesome! I swear the deck is now just as hard as the concrete floor in the garage now. I have a few more hours of sanding and cleaning to do, but the final coating of CSM and glass will be done this week and then the interior is going back in! in retrospect the words " tiny soft spot" mean a ton more now then they did when I bought the boat but for what I paid for the boat and how much I've invested in time and money, you'd be hard pressed to find a boat this old in better condition anywhere!!!

alldodge

Staff member
I've been restoring my boat for the last few months now...(seems like much longer though) and after a lot of advise from here and making a ton of decisions I can say I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I decided to get the 2lb flotation foam from aeromarine products. last night we got the foam in, and despite being intimidating thinking about it, it was super easy to use and works awesome! I swear the deck is now just as hard as the concrete floor in the garage now. I have a few more hours of sanding and cleaning to do, but the final coating of CSM and glass will be done this week and then the interior is going back in! in retrospect the words " tiny soft spot" mean a ton more now then they did when I bought the boat but for what I paid for the boat and how much I've invested in time and money, you'd be hard pressed to find a boat this old in better condition anywhere!!!

Glad your so close to finishing. I still have a ways to go But.....................
attachment.php

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh yes the "one soft spot" will always cost a ton of both money and labor hours... We've all had the soft spot issue before... We need pictures, lots of pictures... Otherwise it never happened!