"Save The Manatee "

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The red poly tape works really well on many types of surfaces . It's just there to brace the foam while I glassed it in . Worked great ! I was going to make one of those resin pouring contraptions but just never got around to it .. The resin pours much easier now that it's half empty ! :rolleyes:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looking good, when do you think you will pour?

Hopefully not to far off now .. I wanted to do the center first so I have a place to brace my feet doing the outside stringers . I feel like i'm always sliding down the hill ..
Need to do a little work on the transom build a couple dams on the sloped parts and things ..

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
looks like you have been thinking through it, always a good idea....makes the pour go a lot smoother!

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Things are shaping up really nicely! The on-board work station idea can definitely save some wear and tear on the body :encouragement:, and that boarding ladder looks like a cool set-up. Keep up the great work! :D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Did you put a scarf joint in the foam for the stringer form.....I swear it looks like you did!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hmmmm I must just be seeing things....or maybe it was the scarf joints I cut last night, lol

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ran out of resin with one side of starboard stringer left to glass .. Hard to believe I've used 10 yrds of 1808 .. I need to see if the guy I got this resin sells cabosil and microballons .. They make stuff like this ..

Right now there making a bunch of some kind of heavy equipment cabs .. He said they go through about 3- 55 gal drums of resin a week ...
Gunna ask him what he uses for fairing ..
On a different note Today Me and the Admiral are celebrating our 28th anniversary ! :party:
Hard to believe she hasn't run me off yet ! :kiss:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I take it you are having your 28th anniversary... :thumb: Congradualtios! That is always great to hear about folks these days...

Obviously the guy(s) you are procuring your poly materials from knows their stuff really well. You should talk to them to see if they can make boat molds and start turning out hulls... :facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks fella's ! Me and the Admiral appreciate the well wishes !
I got all the stringer skins glassed in and cut down .. A little clean up here and there and a few odds and ends to go ..

If your wondering I didn't cut my finger off with the grinder up in the bow .. Just a leaky chalk box ... :D
I used some older resin I had here to do the port side of the starboard stringer .. Had a few lumps in it but I strained it and tested it before I used it . It hardened and adhered properly from all I can tell ... I think next up I will figure out how I want to mount the swim ladder .. I want to cut the hole and build the little angled pad for it before the pour . So if I have a 9.5 deg transom and I need a 13 deg for the ladder . I need to build a 3.5 deg wedge to mount to the transom ..
Does that sound like it would work correctly ?

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Late congrats on your 28th year of wedded bliss! Transom / swim ladder math sounds right...