"Save The Manatee "

tallcanadian

Captain
Looks good Sam. Is there anything that you can't do? Or should I say is there anything that you can't do good? ;)

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Looks good Sam! Reminds me of building the hanger last year......which I'm glad I'm back to boats, lol!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sam, after you finish that side, go to the other side and duplicate it and then you have coverage for even more projects. Just a thought... And by then you will know exactly how to build every part as well. :pound:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Or should I say is there anything that you can't do good? ;)

Yes ... I'm not that great with anything with an internal combustion chamber !
And I'm sure the Admiral could list a thing or two ... :rolleyes:
This should help out until I can build something more suitable .. An Arch sized indoor practice facility would be nice ! :cool:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That would be cool... Sam killing off those knats that bite his....... boats. lol:lol: The Red Baron.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I had better stick to just riding on top of the dog house Snoopy style ! Ya know I have never been on an airplane ... Might have to knock me out like Mr -T .:rolleyes:
Got the ply all nailed on and a layer of felt paper .. I suddenly remember why I never want to be a roofer !
Had to cut that big oak limb down from over the shelter .. By myself ... :eek: Couldn't keep my chain saw running so I use my cordless sawzall and a long blade .:facepalm:
Cut a little over half way where it just started to move then I climbed on the roof grabbed a branch and just gently pulled it down to rest on the roof . Slowly dismantled it ..
Later guys ! Game of Thrones is on .. :joyous:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I had better stick to just riding on top of the dog house Snoopy style ! Ya know I have never been on an airplane ... Might have to knock me out like Mr -T .:rolleyes:
Got the ply all nailed on and a layer of felt paper .. I suddenly remember why I never want to be a roofer !
Had to cut that big oak limb down from over the shelter .. By myself ... :eek: Couldn't keep my chain saw running so I use my cordless sawzall and a long blade .:facepalm:
Cut a little over half way where it just started to move then I climbed on the roof grabbed a branch and just gently pulled it down to rest on the roof . Slowly dismantled it ..
Later guys ! Game of Thrones is on .. :joyous:

Sam, you need to get somebody to help you. No not with the tree pruning efforts, but to hold the video camera so we can see such things. The entertainment value would be awesome to see on here... :thumb:

Seriously, you need to be real careful. Things can and do happen very quickly and people can get hurt doing some of those things. Take care and be careful.

Mark72233

Ensign
Sam, I agree with you and gm280. With gm280 I agree be careful cutting down trees and tree branches easiest way to get hurt and kick. I used to have my own tree service on the side, good money but way to many ways to get hurt. With you I agree, Game of Thrones is awesome.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Sam, Or should I say Copy Cat...

I built mine 5 years ago with the intent of storing the BF under it. Uhmmm, NO!!! It's more like a Lumber yard now. It's where I store all of My Alley Find Lumber and right now it's up to the rafters full. I'll be pulling nails and running my planer for a Month this summer!!! As you can see, I used USED lumber for my build and as I said I did use the metal R-Panel for the top. So far she's stood up to a 10" snow fall and high winds and Hail Storms so I guess I did ok. You'rs is looking Nice as always. What's the overall dimensions?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
No real danger with the tree limb .. It did exactly as I thought it would ..
Woody I remember your boat shed .. So where is the BF ? The over all roof dimensions on mine is 16'x33' ..
And as ya can see it fits both boats with room to spare .. :D

Got some hurricane clips to install and the finish roof .. Gunna pick that up this week .. I can smell the poly resin already .. :joyous:
I think I may try my hand at spraying gell coat on the Manatee .. We shall see ! :eyebrows:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Mine is 10' x 30'. Since the Lean To is full of lumber, the BF is in Front of the Shed with her Winter Cover on. I'm gunna try real hard to get all the wood out this summer so the BF and go where she belongs Next Year.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Looks great Sam! nice looking bridging too.

All this reminds me I need more space.....my dad has deiced the hanger is his storage area, I now have a 8'x6' x6' stainless steel smoker on a 16' trailer in the hanger.....it wasn't there Sunday, I should know better than to give him keys. :facepalm: that is on top of his 4 50 Mercury's. they can never be too big.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I come to the conclusion the if you roofed the entire yard, it will get filled with everything but what the original intent was for... I drive through our community. It is a very nice middle class neighborhood and each house has a least a two car garage, some even more! But seems everyone of those houses have their cars sitting outside in the driveways. I use to do that before building my work shop and now my vehicles go in the garage and nothing else... NICE!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I got tired of going into my workshop and smelling the fresh bucket of resin . Needed a poly fix so I layed down 2 layers of 1808 and a layer of csm to form my transom skin .. :joyous:

It's been a while since I've done any glassing .... Sure hope it doesn't stick to the p-lam door ! :eek:
This has got me a bit baffled on the transom . It looks like the top of the transom had a lip that turned out and was cut off .. Seems strange ... :suspicious:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
It shouldn't stick but... next time lay down a coat of furniture wax just to make sure!!!!:eek::D;) As far as the Lip goes...Maybe somebody's been there before you???

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
It will pop off nicely. the high gloss works better though. Hmm not sure on the lip, like wood said, maybe a prior "fix". I've seen a lot of those! Looks like its the seacast time of year, getting close to a pour here :D. Looking forward to seeing this girl get put back together!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'll have to try the furniture wax next time if it gives me a hard time coming up ...
I think the lip was factory . You can see the gell coat under the lip where it had over spray ..
I,m just gunna cut it off and carry on ... ;)
Arch , this should be a pretty easy pour . Nothing near as complex as Fuggly . I have not decided yet on how I want to make the stringer skins..
Glassed in place on some forms or make skins outside then tab them in ...