60's star craft explorer

jackpalmer

Recruit
I got this boat and used it all last year. I noticed there was problems with the deck so I have decided to rebuild the boat. I would like ideas on how to do this I'm a newbie

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the iboats forum Jack

It's always best to post up some pics of your boat so we can see what we're commenting about.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to iBoats!
If I'm not mistaken, that's a fiberglass boat...Correct? Post up some pics so we can get a look at her!!!;)

jackpalmer

Recruit
Today I took the motor off and took everything out and ripped the floor out I was Goin to take pics but was in a hurry

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
^^^^ yup, what he said! Photobucket seems to work the best.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I'll try to find a Starcraft pix of the below deck structure, you've likely lucked out and found a vintage boat that doesnt have wood core stringers, so if they arent delaminated from the hull or full of water, you probably wont have to replace them...

jackpalmer

Recruit
I'll be posting pics as soon as I get better service. I couldn't tell if the stingers are wood they are glassed every 16 " long ways and across like a # all the way and it was full of water and wasn't going out the drain hole. I have it flipped so I can touch up and paint but I will look sat wen I can work on it again