1979 Borum Bobcat ski boat restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Them Old Rudes' are HARD to Kill!!! Some Marvel Mystery Oil would do her some good Too, I'm Thinkin!!!!:D:eek:;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys ! I,ve got plenty of time but I need to decide on doing a tear down or partial tear down and paint ..
I know the normal water pump , carb cleaning and other stuff needs to be done just not quite sure how far I want to take it ...The wiring looks like it needs a lot of attention ...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I bet its either a $1500 complete rebuild or someone has "fixed it already", which is even worse!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey....finish what ya got. Whats this now like 6 boats? But it does look nice. Decisions decisions.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
NO plans for more projects !!! Just happen to see it as the exact same boat and comparing .. But then again what was I doing on c/l anyway .. :facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Does this look like real wood on the bow ? Or paint ...
https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/5037923798.html
Paint, the profile of the forward hatch doesn't look like it's any higher then it would have been originally... Might be a wrap too, but, IMO, definitely not real wood....

Who want's a dark red and black interior on a boat in Florida? Not me........ too bad, looks like whoever painted it did nice work..........

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
What JB said^^ Black boats look really cool, but unless you are in Iceland they don't seem practical. I bet I could fry eggs on that on the 4th of July in OK! I'm leaning towards a wrap on the wood.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Man, I thought the black hull w faux wood insets WOULD be nice, just not in Florida.....

That ad just reminded me that that hull NEEDS metal flake, and not a little of it, A LOT!

But please, not gator orange and green :watermelon:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
If I went with Gator colors which would be sweet ! It would be orange and blue ... Maybe star spangled r/w/b metal flake ...:cool:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Once you get that thang runnin you're gonna need a race car license to ride in it! Wow that thing will go to He dbl L and back.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
kc ., not really looking to go warp speed .... Just want to look cool going a safe speed ... ;)
Well maybe open her up a time or two ... :D
I guess I could practice the metal flake on the trailer to try and get the hang of it ...

I think that's a good idea, the wood inlay. Those are some sharp wood boats posted in that link. It will be interesting to see what suggestions are made for wood on glass, I'll be watching this build for sure. Good luck

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think that's a good idea, the wood inlay. Those are some sharp wood boats posted in that link. It will be interesting to see what suggestions are made for wood on glass, I'll be watching this build for sure. Good luck

This build is on hold, if even proceeding after 5 years gathering dust.

Sorry, Sam. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.