Small dent advice on Lund hull

Greetings,

I have a small dent (please see photo) in my Lund hull. I can easily get to the inside of the dent, and would greatly appreciate advice on the easiest and lowest risk way to fix or improve the appearance of the dent.

I have zero metalwork experience or tools (willing to get tools, though), so please feel free to let me know that it’s not worth risking making it worse, given my lack of skills/tools. I’m just am a bit neurotic about my boat being as perfect as possible (wife wishes I cared similarly about the house).

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• photo212681.jpg
    photo212681.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0

Expidia

Commander
Since you say you can easily get to it . . .
I would first start by putting on some sneakers and stepping on it while massaging it out to where it was before it was pushed in . . .

Last edited:

WrenchHead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Because you admit to being a bit neurotic about your boat being as perfect as possible I suggest you take it to an auto body shop. They know how to pull out dents in metal. Remember when something hits metal hard enough to dent it, it also stretches the metal so it's not just a case of popping the dent back smooth. I don't think you will be happy with your dent repair. Me -- I would just leave the dent and let it be part of the boat's charm because after the fix you will probably dent it again.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Honestly, all I see are some scratches. It's on the bottom of the hull, isn't it? Hit it with a spray bomb and save the can for the next scratch.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
See all those rivets in the dented area, those attach to something else inside like ribs and supports. There is no way to make the dent go away and I wouldn't even try. That area of the bow is commonly damaged and since you can't see the defect when out fishing inside her just forget about it would be my advice. It looks like in the pic that one of the rivets is slightly tipped which can cause it to leak. If you're getting water inside that one could be the culprit.

fetch