1972 Marinette 32 sedan Fly bridge removal and restoration of boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes this Beautiful boat is all welded. I looked all over to find out her name. Today while cleaning I found her life ring.
Her name is Sherr Ann. I swept mopped, pulled out garbage as well as a lot of treasures that will be kept and used. Tomorrow I am going to clean the upholstery.
I bought a good tarp to go over the bridge and right down off the stern. I have the front bilge pump running to get the rain water out

WZ

Last edited:

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah I wish I had more room here at my town place. I have it tarped. on good days I will open it up. I need to see if my light pickup can handle moving it forward about 25 feet. I am sure it will. I need to get the engines out and decide what I am going to do about power. I might rebuild these 318's then again I might look into diesel and then I might consider a bracket. I just need to get the ball rolling.

WZ

pckeen

Commander
A bracket! LoL. How about quadruple 225s. That should move that thing!

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well 2 modern 225's would be far more efficient that the two 225hp 318's that are in there now. The spark plugs have been out of these engines for 2 years. the cylinders were oiled and they have been turned over regularly. I got to get them out and get them and get them rebuilt if that's the way I am going to go.

WZ

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
WZ! Wow!
After having seen what mad skills you applied to your previous tinny, I would love to come aboard and watch the transformation and reinvention of this really nice Marinette.
I can see a lot of great info to be had from this build.
All the best!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
350 HP crate 360's will bolt in there the 318's are now

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
No Title

A solid bracket and a pair of these,.........

Attachments

• photo214314.jpg
    photo214314.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
1100+ horse power would be a bit much!! One of those alone would be a plenty... They are bad-ass. I have been considering the crate motors too. I am just not sure which way to go. I injured my left shoulder at work this week and I am praying that it will come out of it with out any complications. I have too much to do to get side lined for a couple months. I get rechecked on Monday and we will see how it is going then. Dammit.....I have been doing some serious visualizing while I am on board cleaning and just getting a sense of what I want to do and what the boat wants me to do. I know that sounds strange but even though it is inanimate. I still try to get a sense of it, both what it is and what it can be. The last boat I did this with has been an incredible fishing/fun boat since completion.

WZ

Willyclay

Captain
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully, you will be back to normal very soon and your "fan club" will just have to wait. Good luck!

pckeen

Commander
Good luck with the recovery, and don't worry, the mob will be waiting.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
While cleaning in the cabin We came across a small cabinet. Turns out to be a wine credenza that holds 6 bottles of wine and 4 glasses. In the firs pic you will notice it port forward.

In this next pic you will see it says BAR just above the door.

When I opened it I was pleasantly surprised.

I guess when this project is done I will have to turn into a stuffy snob with a wine cabinet. Or better yet just another fisherman with Tequila and whiskey in his wine cabinet.

Woohoo

WZ

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The cabin woodwork looks fine, Zilla. Aged like fine wine. Except there is no wine! :eek: Or tequila! :faint:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
that is really cool...... to the point I want one.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's all good Scott. I don't blame you a bit. I thought the bar was a nice touch too.

WZ

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hope to get back at it soon had an mri on my shoulder Thursday the 5th of Feb. Will see the doc for redults next week

Status
Not open for further replies.