I thought resto was complete!

drillbits

Cadet
Posted the pictures of my custom made Sea Nymph many months back after I completed the project.The boat is used at least twice a week having a girlfriend that would rather be on the boat than go to the Mall.(yes,a keeper for 13 years now). Saw an old helm wheel on ebay and decided to bid on it even though two spokes were broken off.Won the bid for $21.50.One of the spokes was an easy repair w/epoxy but the other one was too far gone.Having access to a machine shop, I made a solid brass spoke. When the spoke is at the top,the boat is going dead straight.Discovered the wheel is from an old (late 60s-early 70s)trawler and just turned down an offer for $300.00 for it.The only thing left to do(?) is to replace the 15hp with a 25hp.Added a lot of weight.The motor started out as a 9.9. The last owner had it rebuilt and bored it out 30thousands over.The compression was 132psi in both cylinders and I added two stage reed valves.Whether they were correct or not,a local outboard place that builds outboards for racing said the HP is around 17-to 17 3/4 HP due to the increased compression and over sized pistons.Anybody have any opinions about this.Changed the prop from a 8 pitch to an 11 pitch but now I seem to have lost some RPMs. Would like to get a little more MPH because it will be a while before I can get a 25hp due to a few on going projects that are putting a dent(large dent) in my wallet!!!! New custom built bathroom and restoring my Lincoln Mark VIII.Any suggestions that will not deplete any more cash from HER allowance.(It's already down to $2.63 a week) Have a great Thanksgiving and a blessed new year!!!!!!!! Will post pictures on another post-Won't let me post pictures because file bytes is over limit!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Use Photobucket to post pics. You will need to open a free account.
Happy Bird day!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Drillbits - You finish the resto the day you sell her to start on the next one. :smile:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
when you are on PB and looking at your pic on the right side there is 'HTML code' Click that, it copies to your clipboard then just paste directly here - no need to use the picture box.

Willyclay

Captain
Any suggestions that will not deplete any more cash from HER allowance.

The increase in prop pitch sounds like the cause for lost RPM's. Before you spend any more money on props, play around with the motor mounting height and trim angle. Your relatively low-horsepower rig is probably very sensitive to these two variables. Good luck!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Don't use the html code from Photobucket Use the IMG Code to paste your pics into iBoats!!