Starcraft 18' Center Console

Randyhutch10

Seaman Apprentice
Wondering what you guys think this boat is worth. I think it's a late 80's 18' center console with a mariner 100hp outboard. Everything seems to be there but it's unknown if it works. It will need a new floor and transom to start. Is it worth $750?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard, Randy. Kinda hard to tell from a meager description. Do you have any pics?

Randyhutch10

Seaman Apprentice
Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1

Tnstratofam

Commander
:welcome: It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like it might be a good project. As far as $750.00 I guess that depends on the true shape of the boat. In other words what lies beneath the floor, and what's behind the transom wood. If there is corrosion then that could add to the repairs. Was it used in salt water? Does it have all the proper paper work for the boat, and trailer?

Randyhutch10

Seaman Apprentice
The boat has been sitting in a junkyard in the owners section for 15 years. It only comes with a bill of sale but I have checked on the vin # and it's clear. It will need a new floor, transom paint job carpet seating and the motor gone through at the very least. The hull looks nice.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, if it has all the proper paperwork, The trailer seems to be in fair condition from what I saw in the pics, can't tell anything about the motor. But needing floor and transom replacement are good negotiation ammo.

Tnstratofam

Commander
If it's been sitting that long the fuel system on the engine will need attention at the very least, not to mention if any critters have decided to start a condo complex anywhere under that cowl. I think Ga is right all good negotiating ammo for a lower price.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Just be very careful trailering her home with that big heavy Mariner hanging off the back end of the rotten transom.