ENTERPRISE FR16 (& now 4 something completly different)

clintwhitman

Cadet
Holy molly What is the black crap in my gas tanks??? How can gas turn into black roof jack cement??? Pulled the main tank out yesterday and spent all day customizing the opening to make it possible to remove the tanks from the boat. They installed them prior to the motor being installed. Well actually 4 of the hours were spent flushing the tank with boiling water, then wire brushing, flushing and wire brushing several times to get all the black clingons off the sides and bottom of the tank. Mounted a small wire brush to a 3/4" copper pipe 3' long to get all the areas. Wasted an hour trying to rebuild the OG sensor! Ordered new sensors and some 1.5" fuel filler hose. Fuel gauges still seem to work good. Should be able to have it all done next Tuesday and as all things I have done so far it will be better than new....

Clint

PB230006sm.jpg

Last edited:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cool boat! Got room for one more? I think I will follow along on this one.

clintwhitman

Cadet
Both tanks are now rebuilt with new sensors and boiled out with boiling water, now they are shiny inside. It will be nice to know how much fuel she is burning..

clintwhitman

Cadet
After 5 weeks of working on the boat she is out doing what boats should be doing, catching fish!! Strippers at Lake Castaic Monday. Ling cod on a charter boat Tuesday. There are still a few things to get ready to launch the starfish for a channel Island trip.... But she will get out there!!
Clint with fish boat.jpg

Attachments

• Clint with fish boat.jpg
    Clint with fish boat.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0

clintwhitman

Cadet
All fish should have teeth and taste like ling cod!!
LingGentelman.jpg

Attachments

• LingGentelman.jpg
    LingGentelman.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0

dozerII

Admiral
Really cool boat, and it looks like she has been very well looked after.

64osby

Admiral
I was digging around the web and saw one that looked like this one but it was green. They called it Grasshopper. Pretty sure it was on fiberglassics.

Looks like a great boat.