1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well that was 60 yards of 17 oz and 19 gals of resin and approx 5lbs of cabisol going to have to place a small order to finish.
Going to order my foam also need 19 cubic feet measured full so I'll order a 80 lb kit of 4 lb

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Oh Snap!!! I forgot what you were working on!!!!:facepalm: Carry on!!!! Looks Great!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
What repair??? Where?? Was there a repair made somewhere??? Did I miss something???:bounce:
Oh Yeah, I remember now!!!! :thumb:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks guy's down to last gallon of epoxy. So I finished the starboard side of the liner. with vinyl ester Port side I did with woven I had laying around and tabbed it with 1708.
Starboard side I did with 1708 1 layer and then tabbed

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So this is what was used to glue the splash well and liner to the hull. This piece went for the total top of the transom and was gel coated on the outside its about a inch thick. it seeems to be the same to glue the liner to the hull what do we think it is

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You are now.. MM ha ha...Minch Man ha ha
from KFC,
Minch,
That looks like nothing but overly poured resin. It looks "black" somewhat so I'm not xctly sure in regards to the first pic. I found lots of that on my boat. Most of my solid wood stringers let's say were 8" high then they put that resin on it then placed the next stringer to fit height/deck. There was no chopped strand in it either to make the bond. Just resin.
Not sure what you are asking in the second pic.
When you place your splashwell back are you PB it to the transom.? When I took mine out it was so rotted I cannot recall that it was.
LMN. TX! Work is great.btw.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yes it did have chop strand in it I found this between transom and splashwell and between liner and hull. It was about 1' on top of transom and they gel coated it on the outside. 2nd picture. Between the ply on the liner and the ply I still have to pb to the hull there was about 1/2" between the 2. So I guess i'll use epoxy bb to glue them in

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks, got. That's gonna be alot of pb. Maybe use some wood/glass to reduce/offset all the pb. Just dinkin.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I am thinking I might need to do the 1/2" pb to make up for any dipsy doos.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well I ordered some more epoxy, my foam and some neutral gel coat and pigment to do the few repairs.
I also took my old fuel tank to a welder and am having him cut it down to 23" so I can remove it with the liner on. figured this way it could last years and if not I can easily remove it.
I also seen on arch's build he play a little buffing so I figured I am wait for material might as well start I thought the boat was white its looking more of an off white

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I thought mine was off white but spots show up white. Go figa? Great progress there Minch.