1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks cor yeah I just have to learn when to stop adding more resin.
So after I pb can I start glassing when the pb starts to gel or do I have to wait till it cures hard?
Also I noticed on second chances thread he filled the strakes. Being as how my srtingers are close and my tabbing will be going over the strakes can I fill them with pb and if so should I do them all?

Last edited:

Mark72233

Ensign
I didn't fill mine, I just dealt with the angles which was a pain. I would have filled mine but it would have taken a lot of PB. As far as putting cloth over PB that is still soft I started doing that at the very end and it worked well. I would rough out the coves and lay cloth over it and with the 4" roller I would go down the length of the section using the roller to make the form on the cove and bed the cloth into the PB.

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
So after I pb can I start glassing when the pb starts to gel or do I have to wait till it cures hard?

No need to wait, in fact it's better if you don't.

Also I noticed on second chances thread he filled the strakes. Being as how my srtingers are close and my tabbing will be going over the strakes can I fill them with pb and if so should I do them all?

If we are talking about the same thing, (I'd call that a chine but I may be wrong) I filled mine with foam. To be more accurate, my dad filled mine with foam. He had a bunch of pink styrofoam that he cut to size and set in place with spray foam. I was going to just mix some of my 5lb flotation foam and then cut it flush, but I know when not to argue. Well sometimes I do :)

In any case, it was foamed and then glassed over. Originally it had been glassed over wood.

Yours is a little different, I think, because you have fairly wide chines running parallel and quite close to your stringer. If the bottom is too sharp an angle to glass over, you may wish to just soften it a little. I'd use foam, but make sure I came back up the other side.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks mark It did use alot but this is the last boat I am doing!!!
Thanks for the reply arawak I choose to fill them with pb figured it will make glassing easier.
Plus the repairs I made were in there so I went over them to with the pb

Last edited:

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the reply arawak I choose to fill them with pb figured it will make glassing easier.
Plus the repairs I made were in there so I went over them to with the pb

Makes sense. Looks great as usual!

Did I mention I'm jealous? :)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
The only problem I see is that it looks TOO GOOD! Hmmm still didn't get rid of that little old tube in the keel.
EEEEEpoxy!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks KFC that tube is sentimental it must stay there. I figured all it does is take water from the front to the back and its attached well why make more dust. Lol

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup...but what is going on underneath it? Could HAUNT you later. Done on that subject. Work looks great Minch.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
OK KFC point takin ! But pm me your address I'm sending you the grinding dust

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks... I have quite enough of my own. Anytime you want to trade let me know. Probably nothing wrong under there but why not eliminate that possibility now than later.
FKC :lol:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
This ones for kc P4180001_zpsekp3jngx.jpg Good news is n othing wrong underneath but now I know for sure.

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Tell me about it zool a tear did come to my eye. Could of been the grinding but I think it it was the loss of the pipe.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Put another pipe in ... Or that just wouldn't be the same would it .... :cold:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok 2 layers 17oz on both sides
P4190001_zpsg5gqtvz8.jpg
P4190001_zpsg5gqtvz8.jpgP4190002_zpsgheyze48.jpg

Last edited: