1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks everyone But a little mis leading I was not completely done grinding. Had to finish grinding the stern..So now thats done!!! The lighter pink areas is a little hairier then the rest but it seems well attached Click image for larger version  Name:	P3290003_zpshybbjyqx.jpg Views:	1 Size:	271.1 KB ID:	10496425Click image for larger version  Name:	P3290002_zpsnzoxocpu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	284.5 KB ID:	10496426

So now I am pretty much done grinding

Attachments

• P3290002_zpsnzoxocpu.jpg
    P3290002_zpsnzoxocpu.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image_284359.jpg
    image_284359.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Minch,
You're putting me to shame. Looks like you'll have that boat in the water next week!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hmm, Looks like it Snowed on a sun shiny Day!!!! But...That outer skin is For Sure Ready for some PB and Some Wood!!!!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ya I am far from putting you to shame kc But thanks for the encouragement!!!
Thank wood. I was not sure if i should of grinded the chop strand more but I figure it is well attached so that was far enough.
Thanks jc nm mp I appreciate it .
Sorry to hear you ended up sanding down your hull nm. But I know you'll be happier in the long run

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
it would be so cool if you wetted out all those pcs., glassed 2x prior and then when you set them in place, you only have to do the glass tabbing. 4" then 6" something like that. Saves alot of time and bubbles and glass/EEEpoxy.
Flat work works...

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks cor.
Sounds like that could work. I am trying to figure out if I want to set the stringers and glass them in. And then come back and do the bulk heads. But I keep thinking if I set some in the wrong place. That would stink

zool

Captain
Thanks cor.
Sounds like that could work. I am trying to figure out if I want to set the stringers and glass them in. And then come back and do the bulk heads. But I keep thinking if I set some in the wrong place. That would stink

Yea, I think its best, on a complete rebuild like yours, to get all the wood placed, attached, clearances set, leveled, and then glass.....even at the factory, the grid was usually preassembled, lowered into the hull, and then just draped with woven and poly...just pre-coat the wood before assembling.

In the end though, you do what works best for you....looking good!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You da man! Wish I could have popped the cap but so be it. It's so obvious that the work and access is so nice. But hey...dareyago.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I asked Zool to come up here and build me a fortress like his but he said he was to busy with his own boat. lol. Now that he found out where he put it. :happy:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yes it was a bit of a pain to get it separated but I think in the long run separating it made it a lot easier.
That zool he only has enough time to give us advice rebuild houses his boat I am starting to think he's a little selfish. Haha

zool

Captain
KC, if you would have decapped and gutted, you wouldn't need the fortress, just let the rain wash the dust out at the end of the day!...Altho it would have been worth the build, just to watch you try to get that big cap off lol

Minch, those are the things I like to do...its everything else I have to do that's a real inconvenience ;)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I hear you zool If I had to repair boats for a living I believe I would hate it. Sometimes I think I am working harder on the boat then I do at work Don't tell my boss. All kidding aside I do appreciate all the advice, help and encouragement each of you give me