1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Grinding is done Maybe a little touch up here and there but basically done!!! P3060001_zpsdttfwms9.jpg P3060002_zpsieeb9nvj.jpg P3060003_zpsjfnhppbx.jpg

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Is that a pvc pipe glassed over down the center ? Factory?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Pg 4 entry 35-36 Looks factory. Ran under gas tank. Prop picked up cuddy and anchor locker. Replace with new.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looking back at it again was there a keel stringer? Mine had one just about in that area. But my flow from anchor box was open to bilge and my cuddy/berth was hosed under tank to bilge.Loose not glassed.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
As far as I know its factory. Sam
Kc you think I should replace it

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Never seen a design like this . I've seen like the hollow or tube type stringers before though ..

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks cor. Lots more grinding then the last one.
First for me to. But I've only done 2 haha

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well I would replace it at this point in time just cause you can relatively easily. So is/was that tube for drainage to the bilge? Also no keel might explain why you have all those foam reinforcements on the bottom of your hull.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yes its for drainage to the bilge. Its literally one layer of woven wrapped over it.
I am starting to think you like seeing me grind lol

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yes its for drainage to the bilge. Its literally one layer of woven wrapped over it.
I am starting to think you like seeing me grind lol

Rollin on the floor I am. Thanks needed a good laugh. So did/does it pick up the anchor box drain off and the berth floor? The floor in my berth has a drain, good for hosing down or lettin spilt beer get out. lol!
Obviously you wont be needed to use roven for the new piping if your going back in that method. Could simply use the part under the tank as a channel so whatever else aqua gets in there has a way out. Just dinking out loud.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well lookey here....This hull looks a little, not xactly like yours i this rebuild. [h=1]77 Skeeter Wrangler restoration[/h]

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok I am ordering my materials this week . I plan on using epoxy. from guys that know is there anything I need to know about using it. I used poly and ve on last rebuild,is epoxy similar in process. Does anyone know of a video on the process thanks

zool

Captain
Ok I am ordering my materials this week . I plan on using epoxy. from guys that know is there anything I need to know about using it. I used poly and ve on last rebuild,is epoxy similar in process. Does anyone know of a video on the process thanks

The layup isn't much different than with other resins, you pre wet the area, lay the cloth, and wet it out...what you will notice is the longer working time. It allows you to hot coat all the lams in an area in one session. It works out good because the additional layers absorb from the previous, kinda wetting themselves...the downside to this extra time is it can move on you on verticles, so you may have to pin or clamp the cloth til it tacks...

You also don't have the leeway in the mix, 3:1 ratio means 3:1...not 3:1.5 and such...adjustments to working time or temp are done with different catalysts, not more or less like mek/poly.....you can get pumps with it, to make measuring easy, but I just pour into graduated cups and stir.

It also doesnt smell nearly as bad, imo ;)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks zool 3:1 is the recommended one to use. I am in a climate controlled garage

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
YUp that's pretty much it. Just get the mix out of the pot because it will smoke/heat up as a concentrated contained mix as mentioned in Zools vid. 3:1 works well for me. I gave up the pumps shortly after I bought them. Just as easy and quicker to mix ratios in 1 or 2 cups. What product are you getting to make up the PB? I use cabosil. {and 1/4" chopped glass, not required hehe}