1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well finally found time and got the filter rack hooked up, now ready to grind dust collector offAnd with it on Not sure if yo P2220001_zps4f7783fa.jpg P2220002_zpsb5b86064.jpg P2220003_zpsf511b5c7.jpg P2220005_zpsf3e67020.jpg P2220006_zps8e840b8f.jpg u can see the difference from pictures

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I like the filter. Wonder how long it'll take to clog!!!:eek: R U gunna use a fan to blow the dust towards it?

Last edited:

Second Chance 248

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you take a grill grate and put it in front of the filter you could use a shop vac to unclog the filter to avoid changing the filter every time. Looks like you got some negative pressure, let the itch commence :(

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Very similar to how I had mine set up. Keep a shopvac in the hull with you and every 5-10 minutes or so stop and vacuum the filter off. Also, leave a slit in the plastic on the other side of the boat so that air can get in as well, and the air flow should pull the dust right out.;) Enjoy!:rockon:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Nice project, I enjoyed reading your post tonight! I'll be following it for sure! All the fans and plastic remind me of building the paint booth that I sprayed my Sleekcraft in. I had it all figured out, so I thought! lol! Nothing like improvising in the middle of a paint job! I don't envy the grinding, just finished the bulk of that on my current project........and that is a lot of grinding you have to do sir!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yes wog that is the plan
Thanks sc sound like a good idea
Thanks nm
I know kc I give you guys without a garage a lot of credit I do not think I would do this without garage

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congrats on such a joyous occasion ! Grinding glass there's nothing quite as satisfying ... :D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Get 1 of these! Makes for fast work. This is the small one. When I was in China they were @ 30' in diameter.; Let the fun begin. :nightmare:

china-rosa-porino-granite-quarry1-1930B.JPG

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Wow!!! I'll take 2 small ones. Only problem is if you slip its going to use a lot of materials to repair!!!
What are they cutting?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Wow!!! I'll take 2 small ones. Only problem is if you slip its going to use a lot of materials to repair!!!
What are they cutting?

That's a granite factory. In field cutting of granite in ground, then the blocks {big blocks} go to inside factory to slice into square blocks that are sold worldwide. Blocks are about as big as a shipping container.

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
KC, how do they cut the blocks out from underneath? ...I've always wondered that.

Man, you're not messing around Ahmincha. You're making quick work of that. What kind of disk are you using on the orange handled grinder?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
KC, how do they cut the blocks out from underneath? ...I've always wondered that.

Man, you're not messing around Ahmincha. You're making quick work of that. What kind of disk are you using on the orange handled grinder?

Just like when we carve out mountainous roads hers. They drive pcs of steel rods down the cut till it pops. They manually drive the rods vs. drilling whereas they have 10 billion laborers. Some of the newer factories actually do drill. Pretty amazing to see what they do with what they have. They actually produce more stone and ship out more than Italy, who buys from them now.
Look in the back of the picture you can see some of the blocks.

Last edited:

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Oh, I didn't know they "popped". Cool, makes sense.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
the exhaust is working great!!! as someone mentioned earlier I just keep vacuuming the filter out still on first filter.
And here is the few areas of thru hull damage P2280004_zpsae333buj.jpg P3030005_zpsecxmj3jx.jpg P3030006_zpskql9r31j.jpg P3030007_zpshwwxdkqc.jpg P3030008_zpsfq0agqqe.jpg I can not believe how much glass was barely attached

Last edited: