1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That's quick...you trying to get done before spring?

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Cor I am not sure yet but I do not have to do a floor so that helps.
Yes jc that is my plan sometime in spring Fingers crossed
For sure the transom and I figured that since I am here I might as well just re do it all that way I know its done. But I guess I could check and see what is good

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I think I'd take a bunch of core samples,......

Who knows, Maybe you'll get lucky and save a bunch of work,...

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yeah, I agree with Teamster. If you check and find rot then you know what has to be done. If you check and it looks good then I'd do some more checking just to be sure. If something doesn't need to be replaced and you're sure I don't think it makes sense to do the extra work.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You Go Boy! Man that is some fast work! Makes me wanna go out and work on my boat! Good to see your progress.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So I am in garage removing more foam and I am smiling from ear to ear. It never crossed my mind that some wood underneath may be ok I just planned on replacing everything. As soon as I am dome removing foam onto core sampling

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks Kcassells but do not go to your garage come here you can help me HaHa

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Back at you if you're ever in Pa! Thanks for the invite. And yes I did go in and tackle a real tough spot {bulkhead} I've been putting off....Thanks to you! Wish I was able to remove my cap to work. I'd be sitting a little prettier. If you have good wood go with it. I'm not sure did you ever decide what type of epoxy you were going to go with?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yeah, I agree with Teamster. If you check and find rot then you know what has to be done. If you check and it looks good then I'd do some more checking just to be sure. If something doesn't need to be replaced and you're sure I don't think it makes sense to do the extra work.

That tough spot I mentioned. I took an approach from
Rickmerrill.
The area was too tight to get into properly and place the glass. I did his trick of cutting all the glass to fit and wetted it out. Did all the pcs. this way and was darn happy with the results...TKX Rick for the idea. Don't know why this came in "bold" print but liking your work!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Ok foam all out I am glad that is done last to areas had some water bugs or **** roaches in them I sprayed them with wasp killer and sucked them up with vacuum oh I hate bugs

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
And the core samples Not sure if you guys can see or tell from pictures but I did not find 1 dry sample. Oh well

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well you were already in the MINDMELD to replace but sure was worth the shot. Oh I forgot to say in the Rickmerrill trick was I wetted out the glass on a plastic surface then placed onto the bulkhead.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Yeah I'm not bumming about it I probably would have replaced everything anyhow knowing it is all done gives me piece of mind even though I know it would if been find replacing only what was needed.
That does sound like a good trick to know thats what great about this site.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Big Ditto...just got out of my boat....was stargazing at the possibilities.