1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks wog I bought the bolster material through the place you recommend on ebay
Yeah lifts my spirits and lower my bank balance at this rate I am glad I filled the gas tank at the end of last season lol
What would lift my spirits is my friend not having to plow snow so he can go pick up my motor

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Thank you guys. It's huge 6 1/2 feet tall 580 lbs. It kicked my butt getting it out of truck onto cart. But we'll worth it

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
I'm looking forward to the performance review when it's splashed!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Holy Moley Minch!! Sweet looking little pusher ya got there. Good for you! All shiney! What do ya dink it will be able to push your boat up to in mph and gallons per mile?

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
No kicker yet but am working on it
I have know Idea on either count kc. Remember I have only been doing this boating thing around 4 yrs haha

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I hear ya. Ditto to that. Here's an old Iboat comment on the subject. Seems there are alot of variables.
Capt. Bob
Petty Officer 1st Class

[h=2]Formula to calculate theoretical speed[/h] [COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]June 29th, 2002, 06:10 PM[/COLOR]

Found this on the web and it looks like fun as well as informative. I want to calculate my predicted/theoretical speed and compare it to different prop sizes now that I have a tach installed and know that I need to correct the pitch. What follows is a copy of the web page.....................................What do you think?

Here is a handy little formula to calculate your theoretical speed for a given RPM. Us Mechanical Engineers have nothing better to do than to come up with this stuff. How close is your actual speed to the calculated? For my boat it was off by 1 MPH!

(Prop Pitch x RPM)
------------------- = Theoretical Speed in MPH
(Gear Ratio x 1056)

Example:

Prop size = 15" x 17"
Gear Ratio 1.68
WOT = 4,000 RPM

(17 x 4,000)
------------- = 38.33 MPH
(1.68 x 1056)

My actual was about 37 MPH

Tags: None

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
The lip on this cover was cracked so I cut it off and am attempting to rebuild This is after a few layers of 1.5oz csm and a few 10oz

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I hear ya. Ditto to that. Here's an old Iboat comment on the subject. Seems there are alot of variables.
[url]http://forums.iboats.com/member/8195-capt-bob
default_avatar_medium.png
[/URL] Capt. Bob[/URL]
Petty Officer 1st Class

[h=2]Formula to calculate theoretical speed[/h] [COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]June 29th, 2002, 06:10 PM[/COLOR]

Found this on the web and it looks like fun as well as informative. I want to calculate my predicted/theoretical speed and compare it to different prop sizes now that I have a tach installed and know that I need to correct the pitch. What follows is a copy of the web page.....................................What do you think?

Here is a handy little formula to calculate your theoretical speed for a given RPM. Us Mechanical Engineers have nothing better to do than to come up with this stuff. How close is your actual speed to the calculated? For my boat it was off by 1 MPH!

(Prop Pitch x RPM)
------------------- = Theoretical Speed in MPH
(Gear Ratio x 1056)

Example:

Prop size = 15" x 17"
Gear Ratio 1.68
WOT = 4,000 RPM

(17 x 4,000)
------------- = 38.33 MPH
(1.68 x 1056)

My actual was about 37 MPH

Tags: None

Does this take into account hull shape, weight etc...?