1992 Stratos 2250 here we go again

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, well then you're gunna need to use bottom paint on her. I'd recommend looking into this stuff...http://supermarinepaint.com/index.asp

They have both Bottom and Ablative Paint. The only problem is...It's PRICEEEEEEE! But. All of this type paint is. No matter who makes it!!!!:eek:

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
A little update got the thru transom things all in
l
P7240001_zpsh0olydsp.jpgP7240002_zpsxsbwxwnu.jpg
p
The epoxy must have been to thick it cracked But I figure I'll grind it back a bit and add a little more epoxy. I actually epoxied the brass bushing in wet P7240003_zpsgsshbnv3.jpgP7240003_zpsgsshbnv3.jpg

Last edited:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I got the rear floor in hooking up the scupper drains was a pain Fuel pump and seperator And most of the plumbing

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Someone needs to train spider monkeys to do all the under deck stuff . Would imagine it ain't the easiest place to get at ..

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
All in all not to bad hardest part was the tees. Had to use heat gun warm up the tube and the push it on but that is done haha.
Ok my color match is way off I bought hayward and neutral gel. to dark so I mixed white gel neutral gel and hayward way to light. as seen in picture In this picture boat looks white but when I buff it it comes out tanish

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Minch, that little Spartan, will do some fine stitchin!!! Let me know if I can help you with any thing when the time comes.;)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Wooo! Progress looks real nice Minch! Look out Core and Wog. A newb gonna knock it out. Can't wait to see.!

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Oh no not an upholsterer I am not good with detail stuff I am way to clunky as you can tell from me bad gel coat match haha
KFC where you been missed your sense of humor!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I would, and to get pro looking seams, tape em off on both sides and spread the caulk and then as soon as your satisfied with the smoothness etc.. remove the tape for a clean, straight edge;)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So originally I was hoping to just have to repair the rear so I cut 3 feet off both sides of the cap.
So I have finally put it back together. I used a couple of biscuits to help align them
Then 2 layers of 8 oz and 2 layers of chopped strand

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
But before I did that I did as much work from above I could do. Hooked up the trim tabs and also the transom hooks
I used 2 1/8 pieces of aluminum to help spread the weight out a little

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
batteries installed I crimped and soldered the battery ends

Dash is wired and rigging is in

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looking good getting a bunch checked off the list ! Holy smokes at the pile of spaghetti at the bottom of the ladder .. :lol:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
So I drilled for the motor I drilled 7/8" holes filled them with vinyl ester I choose the ve because it cures faster and really isn't in contact with the epoxy Then I drilled my 1/2" holes and mounted the motor I added a 3/8" piece of aluminum on the lower bolts And a 1/2" piece on top