Bottom feeder reminder -- pool noodles!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
you realize that holding your breath alone will float your 250 some odd lb body without the noodles. your body is slightly less dense than the water supporting you (985kg/m^3 vs 1020kg/m^3 for salt water and 999kg/m^3 for fresh water), so the noodles are truly only supporting about 10# with that extensive laboratory testing.

Are you saying Phelps is Dense?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Maybe....for 1 of the 29-centers, and half a 49-center? Now you all know what I'm going to be thinking about next time I boil noodles. I wonder what they taste like, I never saw that adressed here.

hmmmmmmmm not sure i can go that deep for 1.5. I gotta mke a call and get back to you.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Its good to see that things haven't changed much while I've been on my iboats forum sabbatical... Now that we have covered noodles vs. foam, does anyone want to revisit trailer bunks vs. rollers, epoxy vs. poly resin, i/os vs o/bs, or maybe even a little glass v. tin.

Cheers to all my bottom feeder brethren :)

64osby

Admiral
Its good to see that things haven't changed much while I've been on my iboats forum sabbatical... Now that we have covered noodles vs. foam, does anyone want to revisit trailer bunks vs. rollers, epoxy vs. poly resin, i/os vs o/bs, or maybe even a little glass v. tin.

Cheers to all my bottom feeder brethren :)

It's pretty early in the cold season to be bringing all those great discussions up. You need to wait till February, January at least.:)

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Add a discussion on oil and ethanol and we can cover all the bases

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Well, I'm working on my new "floating anchor chain" idea while my real 2 part foam is curing

Attachments

• photo211658.jpg
    photo211658.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 0

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Excellent idea, dual purpose! Now we're going to see everybody doing that! :applause::third::cheer2:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ok ok if this is going to devolve into a totally useless thread.

Maryann or Ginger?

Bailey or Lonnie?

popcorn.gif

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
My mom always told me to never let anyone tell me I was totally useless, She said I could always be used as a "Bad Example"!!!!:D

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I just read through this one, and would like to speak to someone about a refund....

Oh, how about tastes great or less filling?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Both and both ! :joyous:
Yeah like that would ever happen ..... :facepalm: :flypig: