Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
We three point boats all the time. Its not hard.

1. You are on a roller trailer so very easy. Loosen the bow line some. While backing up and stopping the boat will slide back on the trailer. You want to get it so it is a little stern heavy and pivoting on the back of the trailer.

2. Place cribing under transom. A couple of blocks and a piece of wood on each side works great.

3. Slowly drive trailer out from under boat. When the trailer is supporting just the bow and almost out from under the boat place cribbing under the center in the bow area. Pull trailer out and wala, you've done it.

4. To put back on boat you simply crank the trailer back under the boat.

It can be a little nerve wracking your first time but its really not a big deal.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
It can be a little nerve wracking your first time but its really not a big deal.
lol for usre

I pulled the trailer out today, flying boat.....looks kind of cool!

I also wet sanded the starboard side with 1500, buffed with 3M super duty compound and finished it up with 3M Perfect It II compound.....

Not to bad for a 40 year old gelcoat! More buffing tomorrow and maybe some work on the trailer.

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys, spent today buffing upside down.......my shoulders are some what rubbery right now! I have about 90% of the white buffed out right now, not inculcating the transom.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Picked up the trailer lights today....splurged on LED, which should save some brain damage down the road. Looking forward to working on the trailer and finishing the bottom buffing (wish that involved a Carls Jr model :D) this weekend. My lake is still flooded....sigh.......but I am up to my eyeballs at work, so it wouldn't be a long weekend anyhow.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I hope everyone had a great independence day! I worked Friday, but took off about 2. I took my favorite girl (when fuggy isn't listening,.....) to the spa, I think she came out nicely!

After that I mowed and did chores. I was pondering the plan of attack on fuggly's trailer when i decided to spend the weekend finishing up the punch list on the hanger.....I have been ignoring that way too long. Saturday I pressure washed the overhead doors and around the windows. After that I cut and installed all of the sides on the awnings. I used a Freud metal cutting carbide blade in the table saw to cut the metal. That is one sweet blade if you are cutting sheet metal, more than worth the money. I have one for my skill saw, but hadn't tried it in the table saw. One note, I put a piece of Masonite on cast iron deck to keep form scratching the panels.

This morning I gout up and taped off the doors, then shot paint on them......Man it was humid! Which didn't help me or the paint!

]

I still have some caulking to do, install a couple of decorative gutter corners and put the weather stripping on the doors....but I feel a lot better now that I am crossing the last of the list off!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
nurseman....believe it or not all 4,000 s.f, is full. My Dad considers it his personal mini-storage lol!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Miss Morgan is looking fine Arch!:thumb:

I've spent the weekend doing chores as well. It has rained here all weekend except for a couple of hours this morning, and I was neck deep in a brake job on my Jeep so no boating for us this weekend either. Getting a handle on the other chores around the shop/homestead is something I have to try and do at least one weekend a month or the Admiral gets a little hostile. The hanger is looking good by the way. Hope you had a great 4rth and am looking forward to updates on fuggly.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey Arch ... What paint did ya use on the MM ? Now ya got me dreaming about getting started on the Borum ..

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
DuPont chromaclear over chromabase. its an automotive urethane system. The nice thing about going that way is you can have any color you want and also metallics. It has been extremely durable, I'm really happy with it. But get your wallet out, especially for reds......don't ask me why but they are really expensive.

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Arch-- I just found you about a week ago and finally caught up. Great boat blog with superb detail and thought processes!! I'm really impressed. I'm savings this one for the long term. Can hardly wait to see the splash!
Cheers, Craig

Jeep Man

Commander
I hope everyone had a great independence day! I worked Friday, but took off about 2. I took my favorite girl (when fuggy isn't listening,.....) to the spa, I think she came out nicely!

After that I mowed and did chores. I was pondering the plan of attack on fuggly's trailer when i decided to spend the weekend finishing up the punch list on the hanger.....I have been ignoring that way too long. Saturday I pressure washed the overhead doors and around the windows. After that I cut and installed all of the sides on the awnings. I used a Freud metal cutting carbide blade in the table saw to cut the metal. That is one sweet blade if you are cutting sheet metal, more than worth the money. I have one for my skill saw, but hadn't tried it in the table saw. One note, I put a piece of Masonite on cast iron deck to keep form scratching the panels.

This morning I gout up and taped off the doors, then shot paint on them......Man it was humid! Which didn't help me or the paint!

]

I still have some caulking to do, install a couple of decorative gutter corners and put the weather stripping on the doors....but I feel a lot better now that I am crossing the last of the list off!

Nice digs Arch. Let the drooling begin

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Ray, I have spent the weekend working on the hanger again, I'm just about done with my punch list of final things to wrap up the outside. I have also spent a lot of time pondering how I want to organize the inside......its already full! I've come to the conclusion that I need to get rid of a LOT of stuff......like the 400 sq ft of tile I got from a hotel project we did 14 years ago...and the 10 sheets of FRP from the restaurant back in 2005...etc....I thought about having a garage sale, but I don't need that brain damage. I think I'm going to donate a few truck loads of stuff to Habitat.

Craig, welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy the build!

Off to wrap up the hanger list so I can get back on the boat!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Habitat have a Re-Store locally?

Either way, I'm sure they'll make the most of the stuff.

Congrats on punching out the list on the building

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks TC, I actually spent today working on some refit items. I posted a few pics and should have some video in a day or two of the refit. I am working tonight on getting caught up on posting some videos of Fuggly......I'm sure you guys will have some comments on the "foam incident".....