Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Pcolafisher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks great!!! Did I miss the rationale for the different sizes for the upholstered cushions on the sunning area at the stern?
Cheers

Pusher

Lieutenant
Has it cooled down for you yet? It just started raining for the first timw in months over here and we're dropping out of the 100?s it appears

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Just wanted to post a quick update. As things cooled off, naturally I had a laundry list of fall projects that needed to be addressed. I have all of them done except some remodeling in the house. I really want to get that wrapped up, I sort of stopped that a couple of years ago when I got burned out on it. I am pushing hard the next month to get that done, but some of that is dependent on a few subcontractors. After that back to Fuggly and a splash this spring. I hope everyone has a great T-day tomorrow!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hope you guys had a great T-day also! This is just one of those almost done but not quite things that finally made it to the top of the list! Dead winter is always my best boat building time! Looking forward to getting Fuggly splashed!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Arch, do recall if you posted how you are now getting the big pictures into the thread now that the bucket app thing does not work? I scanned back through but may have missed it.

Nevermind, found it in a different thread

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Jake, I actually have them on photobucket for now. I had a bunch of work related pics on there I had to get off and paid the 400$ to make it easier. I need to get them moved sometime this winter, just haven't had time yet.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
To you and yours!!!

3281.gif

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Micky, I can't wait also! Sort of an update. I have slowly re-textured my walls and scraped the popcorn (I'd like to kill whoever came up with that in the 70s) off the ceiling in my house the last few years. The last month or so I have been working on the kitchen, living-room and dining room. I am happy to say the ceiling is nice and flat and the walls are textured. Actually the ceiling is painted and the walls are primed. I hope to finish the paint this week. Then finish up a couple days of tile work and have then get the carpet in the living room installed! Then back to Fuggly! I 'm also heading to the Barret Jackson Auction in AZ next month. That should be a cool trip! Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Pusher

Lieutenant
Wow, I bet removing the popcorn ceilings really burns the forearms! I'm wierd and like my grandparent's popcorn with the sparks embedded in it. I imagined they were stars twinkling down... I think I'm the only one that likes it though :)

I bet your place is looking as nice as fuggly by now.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pusher, I do have to say I did like the glitter on the ceiling when I was a kid. But after it was painted it looked more like cottage cheese to me lol! It does look a lot better slicked up....and new lights....and I am finishing some tile work....and new carpet....oh and I decided to replace the base boards, yep shoot me! But it should look good. Hope to wrap up the paint Monday and get moving on to finishing up! Looking forward to wrenching on Fuggly!