Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Chuck, that is a fiberglass angle, 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/4" An 1/8" thick one would work fine, but all I kept finding in 10' was the 1/4" .

I thought that's what it was. Rapistan/Dematic/Siemens Slide shoe sorters use a fiber angle like that as a shoe guide. It's pretty close to 1/8" thick but I think comes in 20' lengths. I sourced the material from a different company to save cost over the oem. I'll have to see if I can dig up the information.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Having a clamp fest this moring.......after lunch I'm going to glue up the veneer on the back seats and trim / sand the front seats.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh yes Arch, clamps, just like guns, you can never have too many clamps. And even with the loads of clamps I have, I some times run out. :eek:

Nice layup.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Oh yes Arch, clamps, just like guns, you can never have too many clamps. And even with the loads of clamps I have, I some times run out. :eek:

Nice layup.

gm280 Its not just clamps and guns, its friends with with clamps and guns, and: tyvex suits, respirators, fork lifts, grinders, bottles of jack, 30 packs of busch light.....

Thread jack complete and over, sorry.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
You trying to make nurseman jealous ? :D
Nice fab work on the seats ! Looking forward to seeing the veneer work !!
Btw , I think you have a ghost in your shop ... It's holding up your hvlp gun .. If everything is painted tomorrow ya better bring in the Ghost Busters .:ghost:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Jake GM, you can never have enough of anything you guys listed lol! Sam the ghost is a wire paint gun holder, seems like today's theme is guns!

I trimmed down the back to back seats after lunch and did some sanding on them. They will need a little more but I got them cleaned up nicely. I trimmed off the pieces I ran wild with the jigsaw, then hit them with the flush cut bit on the router. Worked out nicely.

After that I glued up the back seat sections. I think the bases will look really nice, a little bling for the old girl!

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Well at least the support shack has hot and cold water GA, lol

Spent all day fiddiling with cutting out the rear seat backs and carefully drilling holes for the hinges.......not much adjustment with these hinges. Got them drilled on to trimming out the seat bases with Sapele wood.

I like that...you could always add the open assist hydraulic struts and make it ultra-sleek!?!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Baja, That's not a bad idea....but for now I will be happy just to get upholstery on the seats lol! I spent last night in the yard, should have some time on the seats again tonight.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Nothing photo worthy, but I did trim down the saplee on the back seats tonight. After that I sanded it down and also the veneer on the front seats. I moved everything to the hanger, where its a lot less dusty. Tomorrow I will start putting on the system 3 clear epoxy finish. Naturally the temp is falling from mid 80s today to mid 50's tomorrow. I guess that will let it get better penetration. After it cures, sanding, one more coat, and ready for upholstery. I still need to make the back two pads that go on the deck behind the seats. That is going to require me to figure out where the swim ladder and gas tank filler go. So I'm guessing that is a project for the weekend. I need to study the tank a little more and figure out a mounting strategy.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I took today and tomorrow off to get caught up on yard chores. I'm hoping to get done early tomorrow and get some boat time. We have cold front and rain moving in for the weekend, Saturday is only going to be mid 40's which is about 30 degrees below normal. And sucks for the clear coat epoxy. I am planning on trying to get some on the seat bases tomorrow around lunch while it is still warm. I also need to pick up a piece of aluminum to strap the tank down with. I'm going to do the same think I did with Miss Morgans, 4 hard points glued to the deck with threaded rod sticking up. Then bending a flange 90 degrees to the deck and tightening it down with the all thread.....sorry if I am rambling, it will make sense later lol! I am also pondering using the same battery hold down set up, but I am still thinking about that one. I'm sure the seacast brownies will be involved Sam!

Pusher

Lieutenant
I'll be patiently awaiting your battery setup. šŸ˜ƒ I have two screws through my new floor currently and refuse to add any more!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pusher, if you goto page 134 of miss Morgan's thread, you can see the mounting blocks I made for the tank and battery. I also show mounting the tanks and battery. I'm going to simplify the mounting blocks this time. I have been very happy with the results on miss morgan.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
O will have pics for sure gm. Just finished the electrification of the flower bed project......my dog is good g to be mad at me......one more chore in the pasture then back to the boat for the weekend!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
O will have pics for sure gm. Just finished the electrification of the flower bed project......my dog is good g to be mad at me......one more chore in the pasture then back to the boat for the weekend!

Oh yea life does get in the way with boat projects some time. I just finished cutting the front yard and edging it and them blowing the debris off the driveway and walk. And that is either the fourth time this year already or fifth time. I loss count. :eek:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
um usually one minor brush up against it solves the problem. Fortunately for him he hasn't gotten into the leg hiking thing yet! Finally got the chores done, back to the boat. I am putting some of the System Three Clear Coat epoxy on.....but its going to be in the 50s tomorrow so most likely it will be a while before it gets sanded and another coat. But it looks sexy!