Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Chuck! I was beat after an all day marathon yesterday! Back to sanding this morning!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks I need to finish up sanding today and get it in the paint booth. Then paint tomorrow afternoon!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, that's not fair. You won't get any of those flying bugs in the paint. Maybe you can catch a fly or two and place them on the trailer and paint over them, or throw them on the wet paint. That always looks good. Yea, that's the ticket.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The paint boot is nice, but I still need to tweak a few things. The exhaust tunnel needs to be about twice as big. No bugs GM but I did get paint on, 3 hours for etching primer (raw steel and galvanized), sealer over the etching primer then two coats of paint. I had to stretch the paint, should have got another quart....but its hard to stop when you are in the middle of it. Still turned out good! I am tired!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a lot of bending and stooping to get the gun at good angles with out spraying back in your face .. :lol:
Nice job ! So you put a sealer over the etching primer ? What did you seal it with ? I'm sure there is a reason for it but I haven't heard of doing that before ..
Does it help the finish paint stick better ?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the comments guys. This trailer has been a LOT of work glad that it is drawing to a close. Sam, the etching primer creates a good bond with steel but is especially designed to bond with things like aluminum and galvanized metal. I sprayed a DuPont (Nason) urethane sealer on it because I had some left from the boat. The etching primer instructions call for it to be top coated before paint. So it more or less added a coat. After that I put on the single stage urethane. I am really happy with that paint, you can really load up things without worrying about runs. Its the same paint I used on Fuggly. If you shot it everyday you could get good at making things look like glass in a hurry. If anyone has specific questions on the products I used ask away.