Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Will you finish this trailer work and get on Fug? She's feeling neglected over in the corner. LOL

Of course she's going feel like you're giving her a new pair of shoes or maybe some sturdy work boots. :thumb:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I think she will look at it like a nice carriage to take her to the ball...I mean lake. :facepalm:

WOW, I sure hope we are talking about the boat. Otherwise I am in deep do do! :eek:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Tonight I finished sanding down round one of the bondo. I still have the welds to sand, but I got the tops of the boxed areas and the tongue sanded down. I put round two of the bondo on, looks pretty good. After this round it should be just touch up on those areas. I also have a lot of misc sanding, bondoing etc. but its looking a lot better.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, I don't know about you, but I really liked welding my trailer all together and making it like new. But then I like most all types of hands on projects myself. Yours is looking mighty good now. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks GM, it should look a lot better (and work a lot better). I kind of lost my enthusiasm about it when welding on all that galvanized stuff. Right now I am to the point of just wanting this part done and Fuggly back on the trailer. Its taking longer than I thought, I'm about 4 or 6 weeks behind where I would like to be. But that is the way it works!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thanks GM, it should look a lot better (and work a lot better). I kind of lost my enthusiasm about it when welding on all that galvanized stuff. Right now I am to the point of just wanting this part done and Fuggly back on the trailer. Its taking longer than I thought, I'm about 4 or 6 weeks behind where I would like to be. But that is the way it works!

Arch, I know absolutely what you are talking about. I have those same feeling when working on mine as well. I get all excited and then when it seems to drag, I start loosing interest. But some times it pays to take some time off and allow everything to settle for a while too. Then when you get back at it, you are renewed with fresh enthusiasm. Well that is the way i is supposed to work anyway. I have to admit, I have to push myself a lot of times to get going with it. But once I do seem to be making head way, I gain interest in it again. :smile-new:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Mick! GM, I did more sanding tonight, got the second layer on the top of the frame rails and tongue tube sanded down. That part looks good, just some touch up here and there. I still need to get after the detail sanding of the welds that I have been ignoring! But it is progressing well. I would post a picture, but it will pretty much look like the last one! I was planning on spraying the yard tomorrow morning, but the forecast changed.....yep Oklahoma.....so I will see what it looks at 6 am tomorrow. I will either be spraying the acreage or sanding one of the two.....big fun :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Mick! GM, I did more sanding tonight, got the second layer on the top of the frame rails and tongue tube sanded down. That part looks good, just some touch up here and there. I still need to get after the detail sanding of the welds that I have been ignoring! But it is progressing well. I would post a picture, but it will pretty much look like the last one! I was planning on spraying the yard tomorrow morning, but the forecast changed.....yep Oklahoma.....so I will see what it looks at 6 am tomorrow. I will either be spraying the acreage or sanding one of the two.....big fun :D

Arch, are you grinding the welds themselves to make them flow smoothly? I ask because I used some really nice rotary files in my pneumatic die grinders to get into the corners for doing that. Just make absolutely sure you wear safety glasses or goggles because those rotary files throw a lot of metal everywhere. But they do contour the welds very nicely if that is what you're after for painting. JMHO

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GM I am grinding some the welds depending on how "prominent they are". I just want it to look clean when you casually walk by. The sand blasting cleaned up the welds a lot, so mostly knocking down the high spots.

I have 5 acres that are green now.....I may have some time on the trailer after lunch.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I hear you Micky, just have to get over the trailer hump! I'm thinking about trying to take of some this week to finish getting it ready an painted.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
More sanding tonight, mostly detail stuff around welds. The larger flat areas are pretty good, just need to spend some time on the detail areas the next few evenings. I'm hoping for paint either Monday or Tuesday..

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Pat, a couple more hours of boring sanding, touch up grinding and bondo. I forsee this going on for a few more evenings. But its a necessary evil!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
More sanding, a bit of grinding and more bondo. I will say it is getting within about a days worth of sanding and touch up of being ready for primer.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Just sanding tonight......so here is the plan.

More fussing with bondo details, here and there grinding, a couple welds and just fine tuning things tomorrow. Hopefully primer late in the day.

Sunday sand down the primer and fuss with the final details.

Monday clean out the paint booth and put everything in there.....lots of small parts stuff to hang.

Tuesday afternoon paint.

After that wiring and bunks!