Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The Argon co2 works well, and I can get it at Attwood's, which is nice because they are open on the weekend. GM what bottle size do you have? I use a #4 and get really good mileage out of it.

Tonight I put the springs and axle on, the assembled the hubs. I plan on taking the axle off at the sandblasting place. Otherwise I can see sand getting blown into my nice new hubs.....that wouldn't be good!

By the way I didn't install the permanent shackle bolts yet, they have a knurled shoulder on them like a lug nut to keep them from turning. When I paint I want to pull the springs, and shackle arms off. That way I can prime and paint the inside surfaces, put it together and then paint the outside with the rest of the trailer.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, I see in the background you are using a wheel for your grinder stand. I did the same but flipped my wheel upside down and added a lot of concrete to weigh it down real well. Then I painted it to keep it from rusting, and then added some split rubber tubing at three place on the bottom rim edge to keep it from moving. It doesn't move at all.

I don't know the size bottle but I will check tomorrow. It usually cost me about $30 dollars to refill. IDK :noidea:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GM that stand was given to my dad by the guy he bought his acreage from in about 1970. Very interesting man, I remember him when I was a kid. He worked for the county building bridges and running road maintenance crews. He had an old barn with every tool known to man it it.....always had a huge garden. He built a bridge behind my place when he was 80.....and drove in sand auger piers by himself by hand with a 10' cheater. My dad framed houses and was in good shaped....he helped him drive some of the piers....he said Leo worked him into the ground and he was 38, lol! The rim is off of something, who knows what, but it is a heavy truck tire rim.....the stand probably weighs 75 pounds or so.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I took Miss Morgan's wheels off tonight, which may become Fuggly's, since Miss Morgan will see more road time. That was a chore since I have her shoved into the back corner of the Hanger right now.....with Fuggly's butt right in front of her, not sure how much she likes that.....anyhow tomorrow is mock up the fenders and build the steps day!

I jumped around on the trailer by the way, nice and solid!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Very nice. Glad to hear shes finally solid. This site is a ghost town tonight. Wonder if everyone is moving to Canada? Lol

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
...This site is a ghost town tonight. Wonder if everyone is moving to Canada? Lol

Not quite. I've been hanging out on another forum (AKFiles) for the past few weeks documenting my latest project to keep cabin fever at bay. :laser:

Temps are finally starting to come slowly back up, so I'll be back to work on the Laker before long.

BTW: Good looking progress Arch!:encouragement:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
With all the changes to the boat and the trailer, are you at all concerned that the axle will end up needing to be moved forward or backward?

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Pat, glad the trailer is getting close to done!

Glad to hear from you GoMo.......wondered where you have been.

EZ I think I will be OK, I had the motor on the boat and had good tongue weight and balance. I think the trailer is a little heavier in the front, but I am putting a 25 gallon tank and a couple batteries in the back that weren't in there in the mock up. Also there was no drive on. So, yeah I am gambling, but I think it will work out fine. If not you can enjoy watching me do this again next year :D

Regardless of your views, I hope everyone embraced the process of what happened today. We are very blessed to be in such an amazing country where even after heated battles, power transfers peacefully. We are so spoiled, some of us forget that, and try to mar the process unfortunately. We should be thankful for those who serve our country and make our spoiled lives possible. No matter who won the election, we are very blessed.

Ok enough soap box, back to the boat in the morning!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Arch, I'd love to say some very nice things about today. But I don't want it to be deleted for any violations. But i am a happy camper! :bounce::whoo:

Oh and the trailer looks really good. I do know what you are going through. I started redoing my trailer and it ended up being mostly a rebuild like you are doing as well. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the complements on the trailer! Pcoala, I'm going to match the white on the hull. I think it looks better when the trailer and the boat match. In for a penny in for a pound, and the urethane paint should hold up nicely.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Those d/p fenders are nice ! A little less slippery if ya need to step on them ..

Pusher

Lieutenant
Those look snappy.

If you ever get tired of the look you can always get them powdercoated with the rubber material and still have a snappy look. I'm always afraid of breaking those plastic fenders

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Those look snappy.

If you ever get tired of the look you can always get them powdercoated with the rubber material and still have a snappy look. I'm always afraid of breaking those plastic fenders

I don't think they are "Plastic Fenders". JMHO