Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
A buddy of mine bought an SEI for his 206 Rinker with a 350 Magnum. He saved a lot of money buying the SEI. Their customer service, (techs) were great to work with and answered all questions with no pressure sales. They shipped it in 2 boxes quickly to his door. They have strict break in procedure but it's well defined and easy to follow. My friend has been extremely happy with his SEI.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I think jasoutside bought one and is happy with his. Not sure he really has enough hours yet to tell though

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Has anyone used an SEI drive? I was looking at them today, they have a good warranty and are pretty reasonable.

I have installed 20 SEI drives at least. Only ever had one issue and they stand behind their product. No issues with warranties.

I have a friend who has actually toured their place andnused to work for merc. He thought the sei was every bit as good if not better. This was in 09 I think.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Well I have been working on more sanding....sigh..... Anyhow I have wet sanded the doghouse with 180, looks pretty good. It has a few minior pin holes, but overall looks really good. I'll fix those, then move on to finer grits. Same process for the back deck, the rest of it should be ok with 320 then final of 400. The rear deck and dog house may get one more light coat of primer, we'll see how it goes....back to sanding!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well I have been working on more sanding....sigh..... Anyhow I have wet sanded the doghouse with 180, looks pretty good. It has a few minior pin holes, but overall looks really good. I'll fix those, then move on to finer grits. Same process for the back deck, the rest of it should be ok with 320 then final of 400. The rear deck and dog house may get one more light coat of primer, we'll see how it goes....back to sanding!

Arch, I just bought a couple more rattle cans of sandable primer for spot priming until I get most of the pin hole plugged. Then another coat of good primer with the 1.8mm spray gun and start all over again. So I know what you are going through. My arms stay tired these days. You need to post some more pictures.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Today I got the dog house and rear deck area mostly knocked down. I switched from the block to a hard 3m rubber squeege. I could keep blocking, but this isn't going to be a show car....she is actually looking pretty good given her plastic surgery. I need to spot putty some pin holes, then do a little more sanding with 180. I really should have spot primed the rear deck and the dog house one more time before going to full prime. No big deal, I'll finish up work on them, and hit them with one more coat. I'm out of primer, so I need to hit the paint store tomorrow. Everything else really looks ready to just be hit with 400 and ready for paint. I'm sure I will find something, but overall looks really close!

I guess it is official a dog house now lol!!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
sassy may is giving me the exact same look, she has now learned to climb a step ladder to the 4th step if I keep on she will learned to get in the boat on her own rofl!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just tie some sandpaper to the tail to help out with the sanding .....:D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just tie some sandpaper to the tail to help out with the sanding .....:D

Sam that is a good idea. He could also put some sanding boots on the four paws and then offer treats from the other side of the hull all the time. Good idea! :facepalm:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I'm not too sure exactly how much help Charlie would be sanding. Hit the paint store today and rounded up a couple of boxes of goodies. Now all I need is a sanded boat and a paint booth......heading back to the sand paper :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yeah, I really need to buy the paint supplies I will be using as well. But I am waiting until I am just about ready to paint to buy any more supplies so if there are any self life, I will get the latest. Sounds good anyway. I know the hardeners for primers and clear coats have self lives.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GM I should be close, hopefully paint in the next week or so. Tonight I did some spot puttying, just a few pin holes and minor things. I used masking tape to mark the locations, then came through and fill them. Since the spot putty I'm using is catalyzed, I get more done before it fires off. There were a few on the back deck, but the majority were on the dog house.

I used a strait razor blade instead of a spreader, does a nice job of filling the hole without a lot of left over mess to clean up. After that I put a coat of epoxy on my seat frames. I have one coat on everything now.

Tomorrow I want to hit the doghouse and rear deck one more time with 180, then I should be able to shoot a light coat of primer on them. After that I should be down to the final sand with 400.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Looks good Arch. Seems we go the extra when we do things. But that is how a great finish happens as well. Not so sure I will get that great smooth finish on the very bottom of my tri-hull. But not because I am not trying, but because the hull wasn't built to much of a standard.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Finished up blocking out the rear deck and dog house. I got a last coat of primer on them, now I am down to sanding everything down with 400. I'm sure I will find some things here and there, but its nice to see the light at the end of the sanding tunnel!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Finished up blocking out the rear deck and dog house. I got a last coat of primer on them, now I am down to sanding everything down with 400. I'm sure I will find some things here and there, but its nice to see the light at the end of the sanding tunnel!

WOW acrh, I am envious. I just finished coating some more areas with the poly mix to sand out that had some really low spots on it. :encouragement:

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm NOT looking forward to the sanding phase of my build. At least it probably won't be as itchy as with a FG boat.

Judging by the results of Miss Morgan's paint job, I'm really looking forward to seeing Fugly all done up in it's final color. :pop2: