Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
How about guide post just in the back .. Let them stick up past the sides of the boat some ..They also gives you something to look at while backing down steep ramps ... I know the set I have have saved me many times at ramps with swift currents ..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The inner bunks are just like a pontoon trailer and toons center nicely, Arch. I think you came up with a nice solution.

PS - I like the aqua. It fits Fuggly and is period for sure. To protect the seats, do what so many grandmothers do and get some clear vinyl slipcovers like on her sofa. See :couch2: LOL

I do like the mint green.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
LOL usually more problematic are the jackasses who don't know what the no wake buoy is!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Im not sure if this will make a lot of sense, its my quick shop drawing for the bow stop and the winch mount on the trailer.

the tongue is to the left. The two long horizontal lines, close together at the top are the rub rail. Below that is a circle that represents the bow eye. I have all the steel rounded up, now its just time to start cutting. Hopefully I will have something resembling this built tonight.

By the way, is there a way to upload PDF files? I had to convert this from a PDF to a jepeg, It fuzzed out some and lost the line wights in that process.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
arch, there is no limit to how you built your winch tower. What ever works for you is the best way. Being how you seem to have both the material and ability to weld up things, here is how I made mine when I rebuilt my trailer. I wanted a rock solid winch tower that gave me the ability to mount a spare under the tower if I ever needed it.
Winch Tower.jpg
It is welded in place, as everything is no this trailer, and works perfectly for my needs. Just an idea.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Nice work GM! Mine will have a spare tire carrier also, I just haven't penciled it in yet. I have enough room to mount it vertically under the winch. I have been debating on up-sizing to 14" tires. It does have new tires, but no spare....so I have been thinking about buying a 14" spare, then updating the tires on the trailer at a later date.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice work GM! Mine will have a spare tire carrier also, I just haven't penciled it in yet. I have enough room to mount it vertically under the winch. I have been debating on up-sizing to 14" tires. It does have new tires, but no spare....so I have been thinking about buying a 14" spare, then updating the tires on the trailer at a later date.

I actually went from 12" tires to 13" on that same trailer. But working everything over, I only changed the vertical height about an 1" total. But since I lowered all the bunks as low as I could go, the boat sits lower. Therefore offering a much better tow control. The CG is lower now. JMHO!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont hold me.to it, but I think PDFs have to uploaded as attachments, that must be downloaded to open and view them. Depending on source and subject, I typically choose to download, open and view PDFs rather then download, save then view them

Nice plan for what needs to be a fairly unique bowstop and winch post for that particular hull

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
GM I agree on the center of gravity, lower is always better.

Thanks for the comments on my plan JB. I tweaked a few things, but it went smoothly for the most part. I still have part of it tacked up, and need to get the verticals up for the bow stop.

They are going to take some fussing with, and I decided I was too tired for that tonight. After this I have the port guide board to tack up an the transom hold downs. Then back to finishing up the last fiew pieces of the deck, forward of the toe board.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
arch, that winch tower is never moving any place. That is for sure. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
So today we had 73 degree weather. My goal was to get the last few small sections of the deck in front of the toe board tabbed in and foamed. Even with the warm weather I had to use the cannon heater to get the surface temps up. After a bit of fussing, I got the tabbing in and set up. I foamed away, but ended up being short! Go figure. I really wanted to cross that off the list, but oh well! Tomorrow back to welding on the trailer!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Lol GM/ Nursman......I don't like things to break! I'm back to welding on the trailer today. I hope to get most of that wrapped up today.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Lol GM/ Nursman......I don't like things to break! I'm back to welding on the trailer today. I hope to get most of that wrapped up today.

arch, with the number and size of the angled braces I've seen, I believe you could lift the entire trailer, with boat and motor installed, up by the winch tower. :eek:

But it certainly won't break off that IS for sure. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Saturday I had chores to do, spent most of it spraying the yard for weeds. I did get some boat time today and finished up the filed goal bow stop. Still need to weld the stop and winch tower up solid.....but I was glad the cutting and fitting was done at the end of the day. I tacked in the other guide rail from below, and added some hard points for the rear tie downs. Just a little welding and done! Then in the shower I remembered the spare tire carrier....so a little more grinding and fitting left!!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks great Arch.

Well thought out and excellent execution

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice work Arch ! You can also practice kicking field goals with that winch post .. :D
Interested to see how you finish it off ...