Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Cor, I think I talked myself back out of the folding tongue.....the hanger is 52' deep.....surely I can get her to fit in there! I am also planning on buying a 4 post lift for storage at some point in the future. One of my friends has one, and actually uses it to put his boats on pallet racks, one on top of the other. That is one of the reasons I made the hanger 16' tall

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cor, I think I talked myself back out of the folding tongue.....the hanger is 52' deep.....surely I can get her to fit in there! I am also planning on buying a 4 post lift for storage at some point in the future. One of my friends has one, and actually uses it to put his boats on pallet racks, one on top of the other. That is one of the reasons I made the hanger 16' tall

Haha, its all about necessity right...I suppose I wouldnt event consider messing with it if I had 52 feet to work with!! Those lifts are awesome!!

Mark72233

Ensign
Corjen1, tell me about it. Poor Arch is trying to deal with managing that 52' deep of hanger space and I am over here in my worn out blown down three times Tarp enclosure :eek: I am wondering where I went wrong :facepalm:. It would be nice having a fraction of that space :laugh:. I have hanger envy :hail:.

WOEISMEIGOTTA470

Petty Officer 1st Class
:lol: someday I hope I'll have a nice piece of property and a hanger or barn with plenty of room for all my projects! A lift would be real nice too! Gotta make & save up that $$$$! For now it's the HF portable garage, and it has worked great! Arch, the gelcoat is super easy to roll on with a short nap roller if you decide to go that route. Just picked up another gallon of white this morning to finish the deck with.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmmm, I'm just wondering when he's gunna install the elevator or escalator to get him to the second floor penthouse!!!!:D

Mark72233

Ensign
Wood, has Arch shown us pictures of the entire inside of his hanger. I bet he has an indoor hot tub in the corner also 😳

zool

Captain
I remember the build of the hanger, well at least on screen, lol....he did a top notch job designing and building that...but, I think he has to share with his dad, when my dad was around,, In know he always had the bigger piece of the pie....

Im a little curious about the stacking thing, I see it working...just block the 1st off the trailer over the supports,raise it up, and slide a second on trailer under..

But maybe with the folding trailer, theres room to squeeze one more project in :D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The secret to getting the hanger is insure your pole barn....wait for a tornado to swing by and trash it out, then you can take the proceeds and build a hanger....Mark / Woe you need to check on tarp insurance :D

Wood I actually have a secret third floor that is where the party is! :D

Mr Zool you are quite correct. I have two 51 Lincolns, two 51 Mercuries, one 16' trailer mounted smoker and one 100 gallon trailer mounted sprayer that my Dad is "letting me" store. I noticed last week that a 110 Honda 3 wheeler showed up while I was at work.......funny how that happens! I might need the folding tongue.......my tandem flat bed is sitting outside by the way!

Last edited:

zool

Captain
I noticed last week that a 110 Honda 3 wheeler showed up while I was at work.......funny how that happens! I might need the folding tongue.......my tandem flat bed is sitting outside by the way!

Those old Honda 3 wheelers are awesome, I had one for years..even after the Commies made them illegal to ride here...

That auto qualifies for space :D

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have been waiting for that tornado to come through NJ to knock down my 3 stall horse barn (horses went with the Ex :lol:) so my insurance could build me a 40 x 40 poll barn in its place. Nothing in there now except car parts, boat parts and yard equipment.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I did have a lot of sweat equity Mr300, so make sure you up your policy, I did after I got it rebuilt! No work on the boat lately, just been hanging out at the lake and enjoying Miss Morgan.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I did have a lot of sweat equity Mr300, so make sure you up your policy, I did after I got it rebuilt! No work on the boat lately, just been hanging out at the lake and enjoying Miss Morgan.

Not true with out pix Sir!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

BOOMER SOONER!

Perfect!!!! Good on you Arch!!! Enjoy!!!! Looks like that little tree is starting to change colors.....We are going to Kaw next weekend...Looks like the weather might cooperate....High 70's-low 80's/High 50's at night!!! I might need a sweatshirt by the camp fire!!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!

Last edited:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
BOOMER SOONER! Nice game last night! I decided to take more office space....so I have spent the weekend cutting holes in walls and framing. Not exactly what I want to do, but something that I need too do. I'd like to get back to the trailer tomorrow, hopefully I have the energy for it in the morning! I'd love to get the tongue welded up and out of the way!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I finally finished up my office remodel, and have been working in the yard on somethings that need to get done before winter. I had some time on the boat today and did some welding on the new trailer tongue.

I added the new front cross member and tacked up the tongue. I also added gussets to the back crossmeber that the tongue attaches too. I want to one more round of measurements in the AM with some coffee, then weld up the tongue permanently.

After that I putting on the bunks and putting her on the trailer. Then I can fit up the bow bracket and guide rails, then back off the trailer so I can paint it! Think I am spending more time getting her off and on the trailer than working on her!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
arch, I know exactly what you are doing because I had to do the same with my trailer rebuild. Are you installing the tongue under the frame or in between the frame? I cut the frame and welded the tongue in the frame with extra supports and such. Solid as a rock afterwards. Keep posting and let us see your work...I like it. :thumb:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The tongue will go under the frame GM. The other one was laid out that way and the ride height worked out fairly well. It should pull a lot smoother without the slop from the hinge. Where the two channels come together to form the V, isn't exactly in the center. The tongue actually sets about 1/2" off to the starboard side. I thought they had the other one off, till I started to lay this one out, and it ended up in the same place. I thought about heating and bending the channels, but that sounded like a lot of work for not much. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to build the bow bracket / bumper. I'm kind of thinking about not having one, and building some kind of cradles for the fronts of the sponsons. I can add some bow tie down straps to keep it from moving. My friends Skater catamaran is that way. I also need to figure out a spare tire carrier location.