Lone Star Medallion II 1966, Oh Scrap!

64osby

Admiral
I spent a few hours working on sewing new canvas in the corners of my Starcraft popup camper yesterday. Broke a couple of the leather needles and ended up at a stand still because the stores were closed.

Went out to the LS with my new favorite tool.
IMAG09761.jpg

A lot of chiseling, scraping, swearing and little wire wheel clean up; a couple hours later ended up with ...
IMAG09791.jpg

Also used the painters tool to chisel off one of the side support rivets.

IMAG09771.jpg

The dark stuff is fiberglass that was under the side support. They are all that way. The supports were installed after the factory floor was installed. They riveted through the glass. That won't be happening again.

IMAG09781.jpg

In 5 or 10 more hours the seams should be ready for Gluvit.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Surprise after surprise, 64. They invented new ways to build a boat, didn't they?

64osby

Admiral
Surprise after surprise, 64. They invented new ways to build a boat, didn't they?

They called it Armor - Hell,
Edit - Armor - Hull.

Certainly not a the best design to rebuild. This might qualify as Chieftain's Mirrorcraft equal. Not giving up ... Yet. :facepalm:

I still still see a nice looking hull floating on the water. IMAG05041.jpg

GA_Boater

Just keep that picture in mind, 64. She does have nice lines!

64osby

Admiral
No work being done on the LS. Probably won't be for quite a while which is okay, priorities in life.

One boating bonus that happened last week. My Niece is attending U-Mich getting her MBA. She did an summer stint at 3M. She is bringing me some tubes of 5200 from the factory.:D

I think I might have enough to slather the whole hull if needed.;)

GA_Boater

The 5200 could be a suitable Gluvit substitute. Flexible and it won't come off. Maybe!

64osby

Admiral
Life is getting back closer to normal at the osby boat works. The foot of snow that fell this past week should melt off in the next few days.

I've been reviewing my thread and figuring out how to move forward on Oh Scrap.

The 5200 could be a suitable Gluvit substitute. Flexible and it won't come off. Maybe!

My Niece will graduate in April and has accepted a position at 3M. An unlimited supply of 5200 will be a phone call away if required. :D