Starcraft jupiter Rebuild

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'm not 100% sure, but that looks like a splashwell drain to me in this pic...
4F493C31-DD5D-45C9-98B4-5F588BB9F09E_zpsddw6nb1e.jpg

amcjeep

Cadet
Yeap they are there, just were so filled with crud I must of missed them. One port side, one starboard

and posting this picture, I just noticed 1 taillight is round, 1 is square on the trailer

9BB34ED9-740E-4D02-A9F3-0990DE70F8D4_zpswpcc9g6y.jpg

Tnstratofam

Commander
Your making good progress. As for the bilge pump I've got a story for you. Shortly after I finished my transom rebuild the Admiral and I went to a new marina to launch our boat for a day of fishing. I got in a hurry, and forgot to put the drain plug in. Now it was a bit of a drive back to the parking area, and as I was walking back to the dock I noticed that my beautiful Admiral was sitting at a strange angle. Then I noticed the whole boat was starting to sit very stern heavy. That's when it dawned on me what I had forgotten. I went running past the boat straight to the spot where I keep my drain plug and proceeded to jump in behind the boat and place the plug in.

Once the my wife realized what I'd done, and realized I had corrected the problem she laughed hysterically at her now soaked husband. Without my bilge pump I'm not sure how I could have emptied the water out other than to reload her on the trailer and pull her out. Anyway without the pump I would have had lots of extra work.

My bilge pump pumps out through the side. Here are some pics of the setup.

In the picture below you can see the two transom drains as well as the bilge pump port on the side.

amcjeep

Cadet
So a year later, and I am back to work on it again. A few updates.

I did get the motor to run, let it run for about 20 seconds and that was it, but it was alive, with nothing more than going through the carbs (they were very clean). Light sanding of the spark plugs and fresh gas.

Interior is completely stripped of everything, windshield is off. I need to do a final vacuum out of the hull, and pull an little things off like the lights, rod holders etc.

And then I think I am going to bring it to a media blaster. Have him strip all the paint off. I had him do a military trailer of mine in the spring and it came out great.

I will try to get a few more pictures up in the next few days