Old Glastex SeaStar

Duf1man

Cadet
hey guys,

new to the forum, i just picked up what i think is a 1970's era Glastex SeaStar Runabout.
the reason i say "I think" is because it came with 0 information, and no information plate on the transom.

Another thing, it was free, it was one of those "If you can tow it out from behind my house buried in weeds, you can have it" kinda deals.

Its in decent shape, nothing on the interior, 50hp Johnson outboard (which i have to work on) and the hull holds water, but. here is my concern.

I know next to nothing about boats, other than what my Coasty dad told me and being a motorhead.

So ill include some pictures and if you guys could help identify what in the hell this thing is that would be great!

-Ian

Duf1man

Cadet
its actually pretty easy in MA, all that has to be done is to generate a new title, and how do you guys get around the file size restrictions with photos?

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Since the "upgrade" the upload feature doesn't work so great. You can open a free photobucket account, upload there, copy the IMG link and then paste it directly into your post. If you do see an error just refresh, normally it works.

Duf1man

Cadet
So I think I found the info on my boat, tough to track down, but I believe it is a 1972ish glastex seastar Mustang 1504, what should I do about the lack of an identification plate on the transom?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
First off, let me be the first to WELCOME you to iBoats!!!

If you know what it was supposed to be, you can have one made for it. They were not required on boats until Nov. 1, 1972 so that's prolly why you're not finding one. You don't have to worry about it unless you want to!

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm

Last edited:

Duf1man

Cadet
First off, let me be the first to WELCOME you to iBoats!!! If you know what it was supposed to be, you can have one made for it. They were not required on boats until Nov. 1, 1972 so that's prolly why you're not finding one. You don't have to worry about it unless you want to! http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.htm
Huh, that would definitely explain the lack of ID! And thank you for the warm welcome, kinda fun knowing what kind of boat I have, now to find pictures of what they used to look like, and to do some restoration work! Thanks guys!