1979 crestliner crusader 995 228

fjhpmh

Recruit
new owner of 1979 Crestline crusader 995mercruiser 228. the forums are great for the rebuilding but I have tried to find the manuals for the dash switches and gauges (wire layouts) and the pre alpha outdrive. Any help or suggestion as to where or from whom I might be able to obtain the information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jack.

jbcurt00

Staff member
You are probably going to be chasing wires to & from the gauges and switches. Boats didn't come w manuals like you'd expect. If you want a generic diagram, not boat specific, that can be found online.

zool

Captain
new owner of 1979 Crestline crusader 995mercruiser 228. the forums are great for the rebuilding but I have tried to find the manuals for the dash switches and gauges (wire layouts) and the pre alpha outdrive. Any help or suggestion as to where or from whom I might be able to obtain the information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Jack.

The gauge wiring schematic is usually in the engine service manual,( they are in Volvo P anyway), the trim gauge schematic is in the drive manual..Don S had them both on 4shared, but I just checked and they are gone too :(

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...-engines-outdrives/544480-1980-mercruiser-228

maybe u can retrieve them

fjhpmh

Recruit
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will follow through with the supplied link, Jack.