Accessing under molded fiberglass deck?

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I've only had this boat since the spring but I realized on a calm day in the dock it sits a bit lower on the Starboard side about an inch or two than the port... If I have bilge water or water on the deck It takes just about my weight (160) on the Port side to make the water slosh my side. The decking is solid as can be from a stomping around perspective.

Boat is a typical sportboat layout, big engine cover/ sun-lounge, bench seat, 2 bucket seats with a molded fiberglass floor that is all a part of the cap, floor is continuous throughout with only the ski locker to open and a cubby under each console with what I think is a floor I can pull up (carpeted plywood).

The list has me concerned but I look around my marina and a half a dozen other boats have a list of their own, some worse than others... My equipment is all balanced.

I have two drains in the floor (base of the bench seat) that lead to the engine compartment, after closer inspection yesterday I learned the starboard one is loose making me fear that years of water have not been making it fully to the bilge:facepalm: I'm going to try and address this tonight but it's real hard to access and about a 2ft hose that is largely out of reach under the floor.

Assuming I repair/ replace the drain, What is a sensible way of looking at this? I can't see ripping up the floor to inspect as I can't imagine ever getting it back to OEM looks, Should I try and access the other areas of the hull as mentioned above? I like this boat very much otherwise and plan to keep it for many years.