Sea Doo repair

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
These are pictures of the bunk bracket going into the bottom of a friend of mines sea doo it is in the rear and a strait into puncture. My ? is this repairable from bottom only with some pb and then grind and patch with cloth. Or do I need to get to both sides.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
I figured as much. Of coarse its under the foam Also I believe these are VE am I correct

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Nah. You can do that all from the out side!! I'm on my phone but when I get to my PC. I'll post a detailed. How to for ya

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If ya don't go inside, it will fail. Maby not in 5 years but it will. But then again,it's a sea-doo. How long does anybody keep them? If I had one now,it would be gone within that time, as I would have upgraded but I chose not to.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Ok, sorry for the delay..Here' how to do it all from the outside. First you have to determine the extent of the fracture glass and cut it all away. From what I can see it's going to be at least the size of a softball or larger. In a way, that's good!!! Once all the bad glass has been removed you'll dig out the foam to a depth of a couple of inches.and back around the edges of the hole. You'll then use 60 grit paper and with your hand reach up inside and sand the inside as best you can all around the perimeter. Then on the bench you'll create the inside patch (1" larger all the way around than then hole) by laying up layers of CSM and 1708 (3 each) On wax paper or heavy plastic, Mix up some mayonaise consistency PB and when the patch kicks off and is fairly firm but still flexible drill a couple of 1/4" holes side by side in the patch, insert a string and tie a knot and then carry it to the hole. Clean the inside of the hole with Acetone, Spread some PB inside the hole and on the edges of the Patch, Bend it so it will fit in the hole. Center it and use the string to pull it up tight. Use a Putty Knife to smooth out the PB and Fashion some method to hold it in place for 30mins. After it's cured for a couple of hours you can proceed to do the outside repair as normal. Drill the center hole a bit larger and you can inject some Big Box Store foam into the cavity to fill the void. This drawing will give you an idea of what I just described. This is done all the time on Foam filled hulls and is a very effective repair. It will NOT fail!!!;)

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Good plan WoG, that why us kids like to have you OKIES around....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
My Name is Schultz!!!!
i-know-nothing1.jpg

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Well I felt a little dumb asking if I could take a shortcut and fix this from the outside but thought what the heck I'll ask. And yes it paid off I should have known wog would come through. Thanks Schultz and everyone else who replied. I will post up some pics if I end up doing for him