Restoring 1996 Four Sons Center Console

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I did not get to put a layer of glass on the transom today as I had to Spackle the girls room.......wardens orders. I did get the PB in though so it is ready for glass. I should be able to do that tomorrow if it is not to cold.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Weather has been horrible all week but it is much nicer then expected today. I finally have the transom all glassed in and tomorrow I plan on picking up the plywood to start making stringers. Moving right along......

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You're doing some excellent work flunk! Picture looks so much better in broad daylight than the blue hue from the tarp...

K-2

Chief Petty Officer
Nice work. I really like the design of your boat, looking forward to the finished product.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks guys! I just hope the rest of the boat comes out as good as the transom did.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well yesterday it rained most of the day so I had to work under cover. I would have finished the stringers and bulkheads but my 10x10 shelter started leaking lol. I will have everything where it needs to be and test fit the gas tank today before I start putting on the PB. I might have to make room in the garage if that's possible.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well yesterday it rained most of the day so I had to work under cover. I would have finished the stringers and bulkheads but my 10x10 shelter started leaking lol. I will have everything where it needs to be and test fit the gas tank today before I start putting on the PB. I might have to make room in the garage if that's possible.

That there is some Nice Kick Butt Work!!

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I finished up the PB today. This is some great weather we have had the last 2 weekends. If it keeps up I will have all the glass work done on the stringers and bulkheads as I'm off Christmas week. That would put me way ahead of the game. Moving right along.....

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
You are really doing some nice work! You'll be on the water in no time with a boat that'll last for decades.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks WOG. I have been doing a bunch of reading on here and taking my time. I guess it is paying off. I'm having a great time doing this.....that could be a problem down the road lol.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well the weather has been to cold to work on the boat so she is just sitting there waiting for warmer weather. I need about 2 solid days of glassing/Installing gas tank before I can drag her to get the foam sprayed in. Do not give up on me.....

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well weather has been nice the last few days so I got back to work on her. I will post more pictures but here she is with the floor roughed in. I will be calling the builder and towing her down there so he can shoot the foam for me. He said it would be cheaper for him to just foam it then it would be for me to buy the foam. Also going to pick up some more resin ans fiberglass mat while I'm there. I only have 3-4 gallons of resin left and have 18 yards of glass to lay on the floor along with a couple of other small projects on her. WOG was right on as this will put me at about 21-22 gallons of resin. :faint2:

fisheymikey

Chief Petty Officer
ive been folowing your build!!

good work! just be careful in regards of the "builders" foam.. if he sprays 2 part urathane make sure its the closed cell form!! otherwise all your great work could go to waist. ask him the question without telling him what you want.

the builders foam are usually made for basements and insulation between the floor beams.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thank you, I should have specified that it is the original boat builder. He has hooked me up with resin and other supplies for much cheaper then I could have gotten anywhere else. He is a great guy and likes that I am rebuilding one of his hulls. I just happen to luck out that his shop is only about 1 1/2hrs from me.

zool

Captain
That's really cool, fluke, that youre able to consult and get supplied by the original builder, nice score!....Id like to contact the builders of mine, but theyre defunct, and probably in jail ;)
looking good!

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Finally, finally finally was able to set something up and get the foam sprayed in. He did a great job (really filled her up with foam) and now I can get back to work. In the end I got 5 gallons of resin, 10 yards of 1.5oz csm, 4 qts of cabosil and the foam for $310. This guy is really awesome and he said I did a great job, it looks awesome.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Had to replace the evaporator in my wife's car yesterday so no work on the boat. Today on the other hand I will be back at it. Hope to get everything ready to lay the floor. I have to install the sending unit and a couple of other small things before I lay the deck. I hope to at least get one section down today but we will see. Cheers

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Everything it trimmed and all the stringers are laid out on the floor ready for install. The blue lines are where the screws will go every foot. The underside is already glassed so hopefully everything goes smooth tomorrow.

Cheers!