Restoring 1996 Four Sons Center Console

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I will be honest and tell you everything I learned came from this site. There is a wealth of information on this site just spend some time looking around. If I could not find what I was looking for I would just ask and get an answer. The help here is awesome. As for the plywood, I did not use "marine" grade but rather CDX. It has the same glue but will have some more voids then marine grade. You can get it from any good lumber supply house. The supplies for the boat....well I got very lucky. I will tell you this. If there is a builder anywhere around you it would be worth a trip and see if they can get the supplies for you. It save me hundreds by getting my supplies through the original builder. He is a very small outfit but really helped me out. He told me most boat builders will sell to the public. I had a lot of fun doing this project and my wife is a little nervous. There was a nice 20ft. CC that needed work....someone picked it up before I got to look at it..lol. Good luck with your project and you will have plenty of moral support here in this forum. I'm not done yet but I can finally see the finish line. I just hope it still runs!

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
I do not know any of the brands used. I would go to the shop with empty 5 gallon cans and he would fill them up for me. The only thing I do know is the Gel Coat was from Regulator boats as he bought a few drums from them because they had bought too much and gave him a great deal. Other then that I have no idea what "brand" he uses.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Been trying to finish everything up but work has been a killer the last few weeks. I tuned her up and changed the water pump. She seems to run good but we have not had a sea trial yet. All the little odds and ends take a lot of time but we are getting there. I hope to sea trial next weekend. I would do it Sunday but have to brew for a Labor Day party....again Priorities. Hope to have this thread moved to the finished projects shortly. Tight lines.......

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Here are a few pics I took over the weekend. I just have to install the GPS/FF, Stereo, rear cleats and a few other small things. She really came out better then I had ever hoped. I appreciate the help along the way. Cheers!

Attachments

• photo227188.JPG
    photo227188.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227189.JPG
    photo227189.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227190.JPG
    photo227190.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227191.JPG
    photo227191.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 0

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Well I took her to the Reservoir yesterday and splashed her with my girls. They were a little nervous but after about 5 minutes on the water they told me to floor it lol. The ride went great and she handles better then I thought she would for a light boat. The only trouble I had was at WOT. After about 2-3 minutes it would start running out of gas. I need to check the pick up in the tank and make sure it is not getting clogged with varnish from the old gas. I washed it out a few times but I'm sure there is still crap in there. I installed a water filter/separator just before the engine so I know nothing is getting into the carbs. I might have to hook the electric pump up and see if there is any restriction. Other then that she is done! Well I do have to install the Tunes as the girls said we need a radio to jam out. Today we are going tubing and I will get better pictures.....cheers!

Attachments

• photo227712.jpg
    photo227712.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227713.jpg
    photo227713.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 0

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Thank you WOG for all the help along the way. I could not have done it without the forum here to show me how to do it and do it right. It took a little longer then I planned but all in all I'm very happy with the results. The look on my daughters face when I was pulling them on the tube was priceless!

Attachments

• photo227830.jpg
    photo227830.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo227831.jpg
    photo227831.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0