1977 Procraft 18' fish and ski hull repair

PitaBoat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Fiberglass Supply in Burlington, WA will have everything you need. Met these guys yesterday - very helpful.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
RM, You might want to study this a bit. It has a lot of good info on how to fabricate and install your Stringers, Deck and transom...Fabricating Decks, Stringers, and Transoms

Since you're in Indiana, your best cheapest source of online resin will be here...Resin Supplier

This list will be a Good start for how much "Stuff" you'll need to do the Deck, stringers and Transom on a boat your size. It's not EXACT but it'll be pretty close.
15 -20 Gallons 435 Polyester Resin
10 qts Cabosil
1 lbs 1/4" chopped strand fibers
25 yds 1.5 oz CSM
15 yds 1708 Biaxial Cloth
2 dozen 1 qt plastic mixing buckets and stir sticks
1 - 1/2" x 5" Fiberglass "Bubble" roller
2 dozen Short nap 6" nylon roller covers and trays
2 dozen 3" Chip Brushes (cut ½ the length of the bristles off)

This is approx. $750 worth of materials and then there will be shipping on top of that.

If you buy resin locally by the gallon it WILL have wax in it and that's really not a good thing. You will have to sand and wash it down with acetone if you want to put another layer on ( and you will) and it's never as good a bond as if it didn't have wax. It's also almost double the price.

Last edited:

IUPapabear

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey rcmowery !!! I am also located in Evansville and restoring, or "resto-mod-ing" as I like to call it, a 1970's FG Boat. Mine is a 1979 Terry w/ a 115hp Evinrude.
Great help to be found here on iboats, and even better people!!!
I just got back from a vacation to Florida where a member here on iboats hooked me up with their supplier for poly resin. Got 5 gals for an awesome price. (Wish I could have bought more).
I'm going to follow along on here and you can follow my thread at: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...ion-building-and-hull-repair/658983-hello-all
If you need a hand on something just PM me and I will be glad to help. I know an extra pair of hands can come in handy.