1996 Sea Ray 330 Sundancer ** Insurance Total **

Rickmerrill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
When I did a little bit of research on the Cobra drives I noticed the King Cobra is a different animal and some parts are no longer available, the others are just very expensive. Some owners found their only option was to replace with a Volvo Penta or a Mercury Bravo or scrap their boat. Knowing that would take some of the fun out of it for me. If you decide to look at this boat at least read up on King Cobras, know which years have which parts issues and determine what year the one in that boat was built - I think some major changes were made in 1990 but some of the old ones were still being installed for a while so you'll need the serial numbers to know for sure.

pckeen

Commander
Is that damage below the water line I am seeing in that first picture?

Finding a hull that can be cut off and fabricated in is not realistic. The hull has essentially no value. Is $5000 a fair price to pay for two 18 year old Mercruisers, and whatever is left inside?

Have you had a chance to read through some of the restoration threads here? Might be worth a read before you take this project on.

mmetzger1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If you read the last post I put up, I saw the boat in person, its COMPLETELY worthless. Only thing there is the engines, and even those haven't been maintained or started for over 5 years. Waste of time driving to look at it.