Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I definitely Do like the Tall Stringers and Deep Boxes!:D Just now have my mind made up to leave them intact and do make seating/wells on the deck. So they can now serve a dual purpose. I'm gonna need to spell myself after all the fish start getting hooked up and that looks like a good seat! LOL!
I will have a partially flat tank similar to what came out Mike and I still need to make those two areas up both tank floor and bilge area.
Uh oh... looks like my FOam order arrived. Now to make up that test/trial that foam and water and air can live together concept I've been yapping about..
Thanks guys!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I was placing , fittin and cutting stringers and bulkheads. I dink I'm gonna take Minch's idea and work the fishwells in. The space for the old gas tank was pretty oversized and foamed out like no tomorrow. I can make the room work, add an add'l bulkhead, stringer and still be way structurally sound from the original butchery from the factory.
There but not quite....Minch! LOL! I guess it comes back at me, cut and grind some more. LOL! :joyous:

4-13-15 005.jpg 4-13-15 009.jpg 4-13-15 007.jpg

On a fun note....Way back in the beginning of time, before the beginning of time and I was aware of not much....I overbuilt my transom. By @ 1/2".
Yup,..Says I ..I did.
To compensate for the thickness and the offset angle I created I had to modify the backsplash. Does fit like a charm. Was a PIA.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thank Z .... appreciate you looking in . Now you know why I was looking and asking you about that little outboard extension you have. Just gonna go with it and take my lumps. :) She'll be fine with the mods. Just the dust and cutting and refitting is just another thing to do.
Thanks for stopping by. Yours is getting along real well too!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So hey... I've been modifying my backsplash well and removed molds to compensate for the overbuild on the transom by 1/2". FYI when I jumped into this I went boots first not head first so as ALLLLL of you know the learning curve never ends.
With the mods and being short on the $$ I actually bought some stuff from HomeDblow. I think it's called po pol polll poly resin bondo. I had to seal exposed woods like transom and parts of the splash well. So for know this is the way I went in addition to csm. BTW... yes always pull it apart and don't' use scissor edges.
On a couple of other notes my garden was falling apart and had to rebuild that and plant something to eat before it got to late. Figured out how to use the hose out to my boat the landscaper cut a couple of times.
Been a little busy. Wife had another grand mal seizure. This week blows. That's 2 in the last 3 mos. The first 1 ten years ago made her disabled to some degree. The boat really helps me work out things. Thanks guys. My humor keeps me afloat too! Like it or not. And I don't want any whaw, whaw whaw responses.
Carry On! That's life.
KC
Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 001.jpg Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 002.jpg Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 003.jpg
BTW this stuff does stink!
Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 004.jpg Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 006.jpg Reply-Sign off for Ted 5-19-15 005.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey everyone,
Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend! Remember all those who Serve, Served and Died for us!

Mark72233

Ensign
Ok Kc you got a deal no whaw whaws. Boat is looking good and thanks for that link you sent me, I have seen some of them before but not all of those. Again thanks

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very sorry to hear about your wife! Health issues can be a pain, especially when they involve our loved ones. I am glad you've got your boat project to try and keep your head straight. Oh, and I for one enjoy your weird and wacky sense of humor :lol: (even if I don't always get it :boink:).

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well like I was saying, I overbuilt the transom and modified the splash well. In regards to back pc. of the splashwell, do I need to put that back in? It's @ 1/4" of glass. I was thinking of simply making the exposed interior of the transom to become integral to the splashwell.
Did a little work on the gas tank floor.
Let me know of any reason why this wouldn't work. Or suggestions.

Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 003.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 001.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 002.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 004.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 005.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'm thinking some nice fillets in the corners etc... and you're good to go! But, I AM just an Old Dumb Okie!!!!:rolleyes:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Wog....Sounds about right to me. :) I'll do some glassing and pb on the underside to beef it up. Tie onto the stringers and transom.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well just muddleing along. Found what I hope is the last of the "wet wood" under my gunnels. Pretty amazing how long the boats been under dry cover and the wood still retained moisture.
I picked up a new Ridgid multi-tool, electric. Has a lot more power vs. my battery milwaukee unit.
So I chipped out the 1 side will move on to the other side later today.
Happy 4th to all.
Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 006.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 009.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 008.jpg

Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 011.jpg Splash well and gas tank floor 6-20-15 010.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The fun never stops ! :rolleyes:
Yep the multi tools come in handy . I was a bit skeptical at first but I actually use the thing quite often ..

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Knocked out the other gunnel today. No pics cause same as the other side.
I will say though that Ridgid electric multi-tool did save me alot of work and safety. Lots of Bazzls! I couldn't have gotten into those areas safely with a grinder.
I did start with the grinder but the 28 stitches or so in my ankle and hand said " Yo stupid...get the right tool for the right job."
Washed out the rear hull and spray bleached it out to kill any molds.

zuluwarrior

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not much progress KC. Been working flat out and haven't had any real time to get on with it. Plus it's that time when all those lovely bills come in aka uni fees, home insurance, car insurance etc. etc. But have some vacay coming next month and will have some much needed supplies so work on the boat will be in full swing.