Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice work ! Gunna have to hurry to be ready for spring splash !:nod:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Guys!!
heading back out again. Earlier this morning I sanded down all my fillers of gaps, faces of the wood and the areas where I'll be placing the stringers and bulkheads as to eliminate rough structure for the new glass. Took a shower and drove sonny to work with mums. Snowing now....again.
Gonna place the pcs with all the edges sealed with EEEEpoxy, square up, level and shoot them a little with hot glue to lock em in place. Oh yea add 1/4" pink foam to eliminate the hard spots.Come back and completely wet out with resin and let sit to dry.
Follow up later with PB and glass after.
Best of all make a darn good dinner. Hitting some cool recipes.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
WEll got hit by the dumb stick. Found a couple areas I grinded/sanded and didn't like em. So did that, took shower, picked up Junior and now just gonna finish the day with some arse kickin dinner.
Sleeting and ice here now...so buggers to that!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
had a snow Holiday today. So got some work done in the boat. Then have to go down to the kitchen and make my famous lasagna;
Got the areas cleaned up as I needed, vac/acetone and wetted out the new stringers and bulkheads. Also pinched in some 1/4" foam to get off the hard spots. Pics look alot like last time but oh well; Next is da glass. Got the boat back up to 80 from 40 degrees so were looking good.;

new phone pics 2-28-15 005.jpg new phone pics 2-28-15 006.jpg new phone pics 2-28-15 007.jpg
new phone pics 2-28-15 008.jpg

Still snowing crazy here. Phelps I hope those Sand knats bite your....

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
No ...noway...Just taking the opportunity to do work in this weather that I had not for the last 2 years. I guess it was about all the learning, reading, threads that finally made me realise that....I can doit! Those two winters of looking outside at the boat in winter time drove me crazy.
The snow has doubled since the last pic.
Tx H!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
KC, When I retire I MUST come visit. I LOVE Lasagna!!! Especially when it's mixed with Fiberglass Dust!!!!:D:eek:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!

I think I'll wait till Summer!!!! FOR SURE!!!!!:faint2::bolt:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Kc , the sand knats bite everywhere imaginable !
Whats the big ball of fur at the bottom of the stairs? I swear my dogs are chained up right now ! :D
I'm up for the lasagna too ! :hungry:
Btw , don't eat the yellow snow ! :cat:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sam hitch a ride with Mike! You cans can swing by here anytime! I have 2 dogs. A wired hair cairn terrier {mine, ha ha} and a pomapoo thingy {the Queens} We ended up adopting the neighbors 2 cats and for some reason they all get along with each other. The cat going down the steps is bigger than that pomapooey thing and I keep hoping he'll eat that dog.:laugh:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Question... I'm working on a thought/experiment about underdeck expanding foam. Does anyone have some leftover stuff? I'll pay for shipping and/or the cost of the product.
The test will only require me to build a box {small} to see how it compresses against another material I want to introduce in regards to drainage/weep holes below deck. The box may be 24x24" that I'll build. Just don't want to buy a kit at this point.
Hopefully this doesn't come off as a trade or sale as far as the forum rules/guidelines go. If it does than just forgetaboutit.
TX!
KC

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So hey. Nere mind. I 'm gonna order some fer da test. let ya know how it turns out.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
This one is still kickin me azz. Boat came with no windshield but a hard top frame. Personally I like a pilot house/wheel house look. Probably gonna loose the aluminum frame.
I found a cool boat the same closeness to mine and the wheel house styling is awesome not to mention the same configuration I been wanting to get a grip on.
Let me know what you think. I need to start to plan this out for early spring.

My tub with aluminum frame for hard top; I would still need to fabricate a windshield to be able to attach the front canvas.

PICT0002.JPG

good-Sisu September_2.jpg

Attachments

• good-Sisu September_2.jpg
    good-Sisu September_2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 3