Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Naugasoft white or white pleated head and side liners look the most up to date....you can use luan or other pliable board backed with thin foam and can be shaped and molded into panels for the ceiling and walls. you can even hold them up with Velcro strips, for easy removal for wire access, or cleaning.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OBA8Cff_wNU/TWHZYboVUOI/AAAAAAAAAgE/5W0AOgrVS3k/s1600/IMGP1014.JPG

Its sometimes secured on furring strips, with vinyl capped screws.

Holy Ufa.. Thanks Zool. That info is great and the pic is sweet.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yup, Larry beat me to it. That's why I asked. You can use thin foam and upholster it and then velcro it to the ceiling. Easy Smeazy!!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That would looks nice and give ya some cushion for your hat rack on those bumpy rides out ... :rolleyes::D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks guys for the heads up! Good ideas. Zool, I'll check out the pink lol!I like the velcro approach. Cool!

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hi Mike,
Sounds like you might have removable panels in place now. ? Hard backed with formica type material, foam and then fitted into place.? Looks like alot of todays products are applied with 3M adhesive onto the glass and the back of the foam. Lot of other vessels have the hardback, insulated and removable to access mechanicals.

Hi Kevin,
Nope, not removable panels, no backing material. The headliner material is stapled directly to plywood furring strips on the ceiling. I'll post pics on my own thread in the next couple of days, it's too hard to explain how it was done.

Looks like you're getting some good ideas from the iboat guys!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yup, Larry beat me to it. That's why I asked. You can use thin foam and upholster it and then velcro it to the ceiling. Easy Smeazy!!!
Ya know your gonna get me to buy one of those there sewing duhickey machines. What one does your posturing lean toward?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi Kevin,
Nope, not removable panels, no backing material. The headliner material is stapled directly to plywood furring strips on the ceiling. I'll post pics on my own thread in the next couple of days, it's too hard to explain how it was done.

Looks like you're getting some good ideas from the iboat guys!
As usual they are. The pink header with some yellow ribbon looking good!:unconscious: Yea get some of them pics back up.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hi Rick, Hows the anchor system going? Good to hear from you!

Well not much going on. Did some more sanding in the berth. Took some pics of the ceiling I'm eventually gonna cover with a headliner product. and Vacumed. Get the area ready for some more glassing. I need to put another layer of glass on the keel.

Ceiling; Lots of uneven surface.

rickryder

Commander
Slowly acquiring all my parts for the windlass.... Just got all my 6ga wire and end lugs... waiting for bow roller rode and chain etc. Just need a turn in the weather so I can start! Your project seems to be moving along and looks great. :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Rick. Just pluggin along at it. Blows me away I didn't take the opportunity the last 2 winters to work inside the boat instead of staring out at it. Did some sanding of the ceiling and side inside the cuddy. Getting rid of the old foam, glue and fuzzies from the old headliner.
Pretty messy but the game goes on. This is my exit pic. got 21 degrees here today but inside was 80!! Working in a T shirt!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

"Easy Smeazy"

LOL Thanks WOG,
I think they said that at "Little Big Horn."
Me mind is all ova da place in regards to this headliner/interior finish.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey, I'll talk you through the entire process. YOU CAN DO IT!!

I know I can...Especially with your support! And all of Iboats members!
Just getting the area prepped up properly, looking into materials, electric, lighting etc. So I have a plan in place. Want to be done 1x.
I think the area will turn out very nice and not blow my budget...which of course I never had to begin with!!:fish:
Thanks!

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Looking good Kevin! :encouragement: My V-berth walls and ceiling have a low nap carpeting adhered on them which works fine for me. I don't know if this'd be an option for you, but it might be easier to install than headliner material given all the lumps and bumps you have to cover up. Just a thought........