Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sounds like you could use a "stern" warning about making bad jokes!:facepalm: :laugh: :drum:

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Sounds like you could use a "stern" warning about making bad jokes!:facepalm: :laugh: :drum:

Lol, I "bow" to your humor, and look "fore" "moor" jokes, but maybe others will "chine" in.:hopelessness:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Lol, I "bow" to your humor, and look "fore" "moor" jokes, but maybe others will "chine" in.:hopelessness:

I got all the pics out of the coffee machine and my tin can on a string. Took awhile but here we go.
Summary is cleaning up the area to get ready for new 2x4x8 keel. Did double wet layout in that area. Cleaned and prepped again, made some PB, resined up the keel and fillet her in;

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/kcassells101/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

lets see if this works?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
resined the keel and set in pb to make filets

making the pb and laying it out. I did use a couple pcs of 1/4" pink foam in tight areas so there were not any "hard spots"

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Time for a break...This was an interesting beer and not the one I spilled!

Thanks Everyone!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
shame on u for glassing in the winter, get back on the couch like the rest of us :D

ps-when I saw pics, I thought is was on the wrong thread!

LOL Zool! Good hearing from you!:D Still have a lot more pics. Just gonna head on down to the couch now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ummm beer with a cork?
The dribbled beer is just a pre - christening ! :tickled_pink:

Now that's the Perfect Way to look at that! Yea...a beer with a cork, go figa, was an Xmas gift. Don't even want to look up the cost. I kept it in the fridge for 2 weeks
thinking it was champagne. Oh well gone now!

jc55

That looks like great work that you're doing KC.:first:
I like to use epoxy for holes and fairing, but once I glassed a piece of CSM with epoxy resin and I felt like I was cheating on Poly, so I vowed to never do it again:afro:

I don't know how you epoxy guys do it. All that measuring, mixing, sags, etc. but the outcome is gonna be one bullet proof galleon!

As for the beer, sometimes when you post I've wondered...oh, nevermind:laugh:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
That PB looked more liked Mayonaise and it looked so good it made me hungry so I went an made me a Sammich!!! I'm not to Hot on the Vino!!!

Oh, and the Keel work looked good too!!!;)

Last edited:

jc55

That PB looked more liked Mayonaise and it looked so good it made me hungry so I went an made me a Sammich!!! I'm not to Hot on the Vino!!!

Oh, and the Keel work looked good too!!!;)

LOL!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That looks like great work that you're doing KC.:first:
I like to use epoxy for holes and fairing, but once I glassed a piece of CSM with epoxy resin and I felt like I was cheating on Poly, so I vowed to never do it again:afro:

I don't know how you epoxy guys do it. All that measuring, mixing, sags, etc. but the outcome is gonna be one bullet proof galleon!

As for the beer, sometimes when you post I've wondered...oh, nevermind:laugh:

Thanks JC,
Just trying to keep up with the Jones.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Couple more pics of the prior area as well as glassing in the keel;
This little propane heater in concert with heat lamps works very well. Can go from 30 to 60 adjustable btu's At 20 deg. outside to 80 degrees inside in about 15 min. On a rainy,cold,wet day though you need to keep an eye out to look for moisture build up in the areas you may be working. To date I only found that to happen 1x. The propane heat source has been referred to as "wet heat." Cost is about $99.00 + propane.

Here is the full length of glass. I'm using the heat lamps to bring up the temp. of the hull. Although I have 80 inside the hull needs add'l heat to make the proper bond for the glass.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I only had enough EEEpoxy for the 1 run of glass. Ordered more yesterday. Would have liked to do wet on wet but oh well. Also for note at both ends of the keel
I made slices to the glass for the odd sape. This allowed me to "fold and wrap" the glass to contour the shape. Came out pretty good.