Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

jc55

Senior Chief Petty Officer
There's pilot house only for bid on ebay. It's a little deceiving because it's in the boat section and still on the boat! I really like the curved windshield option on the evinrude powered boat you posted.

IMO, the only way you can aesthetically pull off a pilot house look is that you would have to eliminate the large cuddy port light you have. You don't have a downeast style hull, so it would be difficult to pull off the wooden picnic boat windshield frame IMO.

If you went with a used 3 window curved windshield, you can resize the center piece frame and tempered glass to fit your boat? You would instantly have a Proline look to your hull. With Sphelps suggestion of reusing your aluminum.

Your windshield mount section must be narrower that the 8' beam on most later model, donor ski boats?

Where are you located? We needs a "builder field trip" :)

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Hey Kc here is a picture of my hard top it is wood covered with fiberglass. I can take some better pictures if it will help you

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
24CHES_SEAT_BOX.jpg Thanks Phelps, jc55 and ahmincha,
I think I will hybrid the enclosure/almost downeaster/ almost pilot house/picnic table. I like the picnic table lol.
They were some good points you guys made. Never thought of "modifying" the aluminum.. That would take the square out of it somewhat and allow for other design options. Gonna keep the windows though. I like the natural light the gets in. I have a barrage of wanna be pics. So alot of winter pondering as I do bits of glassing in the cold weather.
Minch send me some pics of the underside of your roof if you get a chance.

24CHES-BLUE1.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
There's pilot house only for bid on ebay. It's a little deceiving because it's in the boat section and still on the boat! I really like the curved windshield option on the evinrude powered boat you posted.

IMO, the only way you can aesthetically pull off a pilot house look is that you would have to eliminate the large cuddy port light you have. You don't have a downeast style hull, so it would be difficult to pull off the wooden picnic boat windshield frame IMO.

If you went with a used 3 window curved windshield, you can resize the center piece frame and tempered glass to fit your boat? You would instantly have a Proline look to your hull. With Sphelps suggestion of reusing your aluminum.

Your windshield mount section must be narrower that the 8' beam on most later model, donor ski boats?

Where are you located? We needs a "builder field trip" :)

From Pa, Broomall 19008 1-2 hrs from jersey shore. Current windshield is 28" front two, angled back with apex @ 54" then two legs of glass either side @ 45" long.
Time off is good especially if it's related to boating.
I'll shoot over a pic later.

jc55

Picnic table...:facepalm: lol. Every time I see a down east hull, my marriage becomes dangerously close to needing counseling.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Whew.... yup they do look sweet! Them Down Easters. Nice sloping lines!...Note the windows.

images

redwingseries_downeast_lg.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey.... Merry Christmas to everyone and to all the same as you Celebrate this Holiday and the New Year.
Still decorating the tree....Yea..lol

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well Happy New Year to Everyone on Iboats!!! And may we all make some more freakin income this New Year! {tax free haha}
Best of Life, Love, Family and Friends.
Kevin etal

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
ElCrapo!!! heater broke down this morning for the boat. Going over to HDBlow to see what they have. Was about to install my prepped keel. Came out IBOATS nice!
And yup Come Mon. Got a new camera coming so I can do pics

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
promises, promises....

:D
LOL Redneck,
Just went to hdblow and blowes....all propanes/forced air were sucked up. Was going to still stick in the keel but too damn cold so gonna google a new one and also google repair of my current dynaflow unit. Raining, cold and yes will be able to post pics with the new camera showing up on Mon. Thanks I did need the laugh/reply.
Pissed I can't work!!

rickryder

Commander
Just read your thread kc WOW super nice work ! I know how tough it is to glass in the winter :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Just read your thread kc WOW super nice work ! I know how tough it is to glass in the winter :thumb:

Rick,
Thank you a whole lot! So good to hear from you. I also follow your threads and you have helped me out considerably!:yo: Just started sleeting here now so I Think I'll turn off the heat lamps less the broken heater and not be doing it wrong.

rickryder

Commander
yup we have about an inch of snow and the sleet is starting to fall....

jc55

Yes some of us are waiting for action shots. Come on now even coffee makers and alarm clocks take pictures nowadays. No excuses!!!:D

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yes some of us are waiting for action shots. Come on now even coffee makers and alarm clocks take pictures nowadays. No excuses!!!:D
Ha ha to you! Jc! I did get up and get to Hdblows @ 8 am this morning with my queen. Out of the area and went on a hunch since my phones are down and getting delivered tom. They had 1 last unit and we snagged it. Came home, made pb mud and installed. Lots of pics on my old i phone will transfer later. More imp to me was to get the work done.
You should look into a dyna-pro propane heater. 1 tank on low lasts for @14 hrs. at 30 btu's up to 60'sand its air blown not direct. So the whole area pics up the heat and then you can focus heat lamps to the specific areas. So far I've had the boat with 30 degrees outside to 90 inside. Just a thought. But no pics so haha no believe. Radiant heat is too too focused. Does do the job though.
My coffee machine doesn't take pics? One of them there kurig things. I'll investigate.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Did you keel over??

Gosh darn right I did and it looks IBOAT GREAT TO ME! High humidity today with the rain but temps went to 57 all by themselves today. Very odd...what do they call that? That no politician believes in? Uhmmm Vote for me.....
Any way went just super so also I don't want no pics comments cause tom or tues you will be getting bombed with them.
Ha ha on another note since my Queen let me out of the box to grab the heater I felt I had to reciprocate. Spent time and $$ at Old Navy for Quennie and grabbed some work clothes for me and some other things for my son. Overall agreat day ...Better than Xmas!

I KEELED IT Today!