Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I need to order up more materials. I did get the last glass on the back of the coffin bulkhead. I don't know if it's the temps, prep or what but that glass laid up sweet as could be. Wet on wet 2nd layer consisted of 3 pcs. due getting short. Use it all up says I!

Yesterday set up/front
8-17-1 front.jpg

This morning rear coffin
8-17-2 rear.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Did a test fit on the tank today. Nice and snug. Those are large 3/8" neoprene squares at the front and back of the tank. I need to cut them into strips and apply inside the coffin after I paint the coffin.

8-19-1.jpg
8-19-2.jpg

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
nice tank :) i was able to purchase neoprene strap like 2" wide from home depot for garage door to floor gasket, it worked perfectly for my tank:)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
The 3/8" thickness really works well for my tank. Anyway went out and grabbed some rustoleum rust stop for the 2 areas. No luck getting a reducer or catalyst hardener, so no paint today! Ended up ordering the last 2 items via online. Still have plenty to do so there I go now to fiddle with some wood. Speaking of WOOD I'm using Woodonglass recipe. Cause he's da Man!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I couldn't get the related components for the tank coffin or bilge to paint like I said. So I decided to prep the coffin area and I'm glad I did. It took @ 3 hrs. to sand and feather the tabbing to where I wanted it to be. Then I acetoned that hole like it was a nasty thing! Dust, dust and more dust.
After that I decided to run a coat of EEEEEPPPPooooxxxxyyy over the whole thing. Shiny new now! Cause I can says I!

sanded down;

Slager

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks great. That tank is going to last a very long time. I used rustoleum professional using WOG's recipe for my bilge area and battery box. It came out really nice, I thought about using gelcoat, but that paint is just great.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well ordered up more glue, glass, fuel fill, vent line, clamps and sender. Checked status of dip tube in gas tank and looks good. So thats it for today. Will keep on prepping for deck fit out.
KC

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So my paint hardner/thinner, fuel hose, vent hose,sender,fuel line showed up. Yesterday I went on a grinding/level stringer/bulkhead mission. Removing years of old glass droppings and getting ready to paint coffin and work on bilge.
Fun grinding pics;
Ha ha... having trouble getting pics from my phone to my em.
Maybe gayol went the way of PB... who knows. So anyway spent 2 days grinding glass old and new. Getting prepped for deck. Getting the bilge prepped for batteries and accessories.
Used Woodonglass recipe for the tank coffin area. Trew down the 1st coat. Prepped, prepped and reprepped, tacked it off and applied the paint with the add'l mix. It rolled on like butter on a hot roll.
Got pretty high. wrapped it up for the day. So no pics no do?
KC ssssiiggnninng ooof

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
As long as you got a good buzz....:rolleyes:

BTW, I love the Woodonglass recipe for wood. I use it on darn near everything that needs to be sealed.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
nurseman I couldn't believe how well it rolled on. So bubbles would show up and in 2 seconds they would flatten out. Got a second coat on this morning with the heat lamps showing a little red. Figured out what was going on with not being able to get my pics to em. so here are some pics;
8-27-1.jpg Sites acting weird for posting.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Second coat. I still cannot believe how bullet hard and great it looks. After 2 hrs. the bugs are walking on it w/o sticking lol!
Second coat 8-27-17.jpg

Dennischaves

Chief Petty Officer
The paint work looks great
How long did you wait between coats
And what was the mix ratio you used and what did you thin it with

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Between coats was no more than 3 hrs if I wanted to recoat. I did the first coat late afternoon and called it a day. Second coat in a.m. and I could have painted again in 3 hrs but I had a bbq at my house for my sons bd. The weather was perfect, no humidity and mild low 80- degrees. The heat lamps really did add to finish time. Bugs were waling across it in a few hrs. with out getting stuck. Going to do the next 2 coats tomorrow. I completely followed Woodonglass roll and roll tractor paint formula. 1 cup covered that area w/o issue. 2 cups made the second coat.
Mix for 2 cups rustoleum; You need to read this, the recipe is here;

Paint Your Boat with Tractor Paint