Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I like the idea of running wirring in the gunnels too. Anything below deck would be harder to repair later in my opinion, although I realize lots of boats have chases below deck with wirring run through them.
I agree!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good Gosh Miss Molly....Tabbing in the boat today temps inside reading 100+...time for a break and libations. My cell phone camera melted.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I took my phone to 1 of those 3d copying places and they rejuvinated my phone back to the original. Technology...too cool.
So I got a lot of Horizantal tabbing done. Next onto bulkhead tabbing. Add couple more bulkheads, glass and move on. Getting there. Only played w/90 degrees today so was like being in airconditioning.
Next....Making up the hot turkey sandwiches, mashed potaotes and salad... Me hungry.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Here's a question..I think I know the answer. 2 pcs. of my 1700 got wet last night when I left them in the boat form the storm that blew by. Is wetted then dried glass salvageable? I couldn't find a direct answer after looking into it today. They were not installed/resined. fyi.
Woodonglass , ondarvr
Thanks Guys.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
There are water soluble coatings on the glass which can be washed off with water, so while it can be used, it may not be 100%

89 resorter

Petty Officer 1st Class
It just dawned on me that a buddy of mine is currently restoring the same boat as you (I think). I will have to check on what year his is but it really looks similar. His did not need so much work..... we had drilled into the stringers and transom when he first got it and all were good which surprised me. He told me that an older guy in the area blew the motor a bunch of years ago and shoved it into a garage where it sat for years. He gave the boat to my buddy to free up garage space. We rebuilt the center hatch and motor cover (they were rotted out) and it now has a new motor, rebuilt out drive and is currently being rewired. His plan is to shine up the outside as best as possible then splash in the next couple of weeks. From what I can see, they were very strong built boats. He is going to keep it in my slip until my century is ready.....so I guess it will have a floating home for quite some time lol.

Here is a pic I took of it some time back

IMG_0932.JPG

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...hull-cuddy-walkaround?p=10452795#post10452795

Yup that looks exactly like mine before I tore into it. It surely is now a very strong boat! And alot of work. Every pc. of wood thru-out my boat was literally mush inside the glass. Some still had live worms in it. Well thats the old saying" keep it covered, keep it dry". With the deteriorated wood though upon dissection I found quite a bit of no no's regarding technique and materials. That's behind me now. The boat will be a tank with all that wood. Pretty close to what came out.
​I hope your friend enjoys his boat! I'm looking forward to it. mickyryan and 89 resorter thanks for stopping by!

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
i been lurking a ton lately but not much to add so i just hit the like buttons:)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
This site gets more and more difficult to post pics. Oh well says I
Let me know if the pics aren't viewable.