Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep cutting the tips off the chips brush is the way ta go ... Soooo much better on the ol back working on a bench table ! We need all the relief we can get !!;)

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
And between food shopping, lawnwork etc. I wanted to show how the stringer shows up when finished. There are different ways to remove the overhang glass. Some use a razor knife just prior to really being set up. And I use the grinder with a metal cutting wheel to make my cuts when working on the flat.
So here are a couple more pics like before and after. Thanks guys for swinging by. Sam...glass on the flat is definitely a backsaver as well as a better finish compared to working with unglassed stringers set in place on the vertical.
Taking a shower then hitting the good ole' grill for some yum yums;
6-16-11.jpg

Ha ha I forgot...a Buddy showed up to help.
6-17-22.jpg
6-17-33.jpg

6-17-44.jpg

If the pics don't show up let me know.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
No Biggy, I haven't had 2 days off in a row for like 8 mos.except holidays....wah, wah wah... So I made the most of it. After trimming down the LAST stringer I wet out the bottom, front and back. Made a nice PB mixture. Planned for the stringer set onto the hull. Once this part starts theres no stopping.
PB set, pb getting set up, lining up the stringer, placing it in the pb, then working the philly lays.
Went pretty smooth, did do alittle grinding first on the hull, then assetoned and wiped out prior to setting stringer. Somewhere in ther I vacuumed.
7-17-2.jpg
7-17-3.jpg
7-17-4.jpg
7-17-5.jpg

Attachments

• 7-17-1.jpg
    7-17-1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 2

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Very nice pics Kev. How are you posting them?
You're really givin' er! Nice work! :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Very nice pics Kev. How are you posting them?
You're really givin' er! Nice work! :thumb:
Real simple now. GM boater suggested lowering my cell phone kb/pixels. That allows me to upload after I save to a folder. I cannot believe so many people dumped intp PhotoSuckit without saving pics into folders etc. So far so good. I shoot myself an em, save in a folder then post as an attachment. So my cell phone setting for pics is now set at 1600x1200 or 2.0 M or 4:3 So far the pics stick. So far.
All about GM

Mikeopsycho

Real simple now. GM boater suggested lowering my cell phone kb/pixels. That allows me to upload after I save to a folder. I cannot believe so many people dumped intp PhotoSuckit without saving pics into folders etc. So far so good. I shoot myself an em, save in a folder then post as an attachment. So my cell phone setting for pics is now set at 1600x1200 or 2.0 M or 4:3 So far the pics stick. So far.
All about GM

OK, thanks Kev. I guess one could do the same thing with a camera? I don't have a cell-phone.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Yes it coiuld be done with a camera if it has those controls. My camera has those controls.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Electrical/harness/steering questions;
-For the harness would you run under the deck, if so why and what size tubing. Mine was 3". Personally I would like to keep above deck and run under gunnels.
-Same with related electrical wiring as above.
-Steering under the gunnel is how I want to go. Seperate issue. That's how they were originally ran.
Opinions welcomed.

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
IF you run chases I would run some masonry string or equivalent to help aid in the pulling I personally ran everything in my gunnels even though I did run a chase under the floor I guess just in case.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I like the idea of running wirring in the gunnels too. Anything below deck would be harder to repair later in my opinion, although I realize lots of boats have chases below deck with wirring run through them.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I concur. Decided to install some piping under dectk for future use. Bulk will be worked into the gunnels. Tx for stopping by tnstratofam

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Here's how I ran my wires. Used 1 1/2" PVC and cut out a 1/2 groove the full length.This allows you to string the wire thru the opening and to pull em back out.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
That's a great idea Mike! Thanks! So my goodies came yesterday so time to do some real work. ! My new schedule gives me 4 10's so I'm off now for 3 days Super Cool Beans says I!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So some goodies arrived. So I did some "If 6 were 9" I rolled out the shiny new glass cause I have alot of tabbing to do. Rolled out 6" and then 9".
Cut out to prep for install tom. or tonight.
See how the day rolls. But it's happening this weekend. Also got my rubber for the gas tank install, 3/8" ooooh exciting says I!

7-21-1.jpg 7-21-4.jpg 7-21-5.jpg 7-21-3.jpg

Scooby dooby do!

Attachments

• 7-21-2.jpg
    7-21-2.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2

Mikeopsycho

Is that rubber you got actually neoprene? I heard real rubber causes corrosion problems for aluminum, but neoprene is okay.