Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I just cannot figure out why this site that is based on pics and conversations cannot have a platform that accepts pics from typical base. I go to PB and they stink. Almost seems like you have to pay to play. Whats up and why can't this foru m set up a link that makes sense. ??????????????????

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Take pics... send to a folder, connect to photbucket, so slow, upload, then go back to iboats, then post pics...really?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yea like he said....
Cleaned up the last strake. Rolled out 1700 on the rest of the hull.

kcassells, looks like you are doing really great work on this. It looks really good. Keep on keeping on.

As for posting pictures, I stopped using PB a long long time ago for a lot of reasons I won't get into here and now. I now set my digital camera to take lower resolution pictures (less then 700kb) and after loading them up to my laptop so I can keep a total photographic history of my projects, I merely up load whatever picture I want to post on the forums without any problems. I have my boat project pictures in a lot of individual directories for easy access. Works for me.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey THANKS GM. That will be easy smeasy! I went to my cell phone and for the firsty time noticed it has that capability. Thanks for the comments too!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
1.jpg

Well lookie here GM... I used my cell like you recommended with the lower kb's or whatever they are called and not go thru photo ucket. Looks like it worked. Thank you sir!
Took out my carved up stringer, added some wood filler for the voids, sanded, acetoned it. Then did wet on wet for two layers of 1700. Also used pcs. for the 1st run with 3" or more overhangs, 5 pcs.. Be smart and don't waste. The second glass was 2 pcs. Very Happy! Especially with my new photo ability.
Hats Off ;gm280 :yo::yo:

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
hh
getPart

HOLY MOly...good gosh miss molly!
getPart
getPart

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So lol..... now the pics disappeared. How stupid is that? They were there for 24hrs. So Mods how come> Three disapear and the 1 above stays. Same source?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Dem KaRazy Russians! I'll have to open a twit ter account like Trump and go on a rant. :confused::lol:​

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Put in a little time today Cleaned up 1 stringer, then proceeded to rough up the hull. Installed wet on wet on already installed stringer. Also a little pb work for filets.
9.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 5.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Couple pics. I'll throw in the stringer {pic above} tomorrow and plow on.
1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Couple pics. I'll throw in the stringer {pic above} tomorrow and plow on.

Drats...Forgot to take a pic of the second glass wet out...oh well. Stay tuned.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Look at you go! Looks great! The pics didn't show up in post 574, but I believe you anyway.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Mike,
Weird since I went to my camera to post w/lower kb's etc. They show to me right now as I respnd back to you in post 574. Any way more done today.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well I set the stringer then PB it into place. You may be able to see the second layer of glass from wet on wet from yesterday. Also made nough PB to work other filets. Having fun going to get unglued and play with other chores....Just looked at post. You really cannot see the second glass. Runs right up to the new installed stringer.
So as I glass in/tab the stringers there will be like 4 layers of glass between each stringer on hull.
Nice!!
Then I still have to install bulkheads in between stringers so some areas after tabbing will be 6 deep.
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Counting on that Mike! That's what this is all about. Fixin something that was produced bad and making it better. Thanks for stopping by.:watermelon::watermelon::watermelon: