Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Guys. Just moving along ya see. Rains here so looks like sat after work/sun work on boat. and the honey do's.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep almost looks like a pile of dirt or mulch sitting in the corner of the last pic needs to be spread if I'm seeing correctly ....hunny do's never end ..

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Got back at it Sat, afternoon, Weather held up and a lot cooler. Rolled out 1700, marked and cut x2. Wet out, let it usoak in. Then proceeded to wet on wet work. Boy flat work with glass is so nice!

Put back in das boot for the night.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So today...Sun. I broke out my old stringer that I had fabbed up awhile back. Gave it a sanding, filler for voids, sanding, wet out, then cut glass out for more WET on WET. Kinda like that wet on wet..

Oh yea... trimmed off the excess glass hangy dingys. Those stringers/bulkheads whats sitting on the table in the background.
Nice Beatles music on the radio to work by today. Signing off. Time to make the dinner.

Last edited:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I'm blowing right thru my batch orders...yikes! But glad to be moving along. Time to order again.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
So you have to build a platform when installing a tank under the deck? I have a aluminum tank that was above the deck, would this tank be able to go under my deck or do i have to buy a new one? the tank was screwed to the floor with rubber under it. its a 22 gallon. Looking good on this side kcassells

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
The area they put the tank is referred to as a coffin. That space is independent from the rest of the boats structer, It is also a sealed compartment. This is a decent vid though I wish he showed the coffin before he set his tank. His comments are todays thughts on alminm tank dispositions as compared to the past.
I'm surprised you only have a 20 gal tank. The sealed tank needs to made for underfloor application.

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
coffin sounds nice. would that require 2 bulk heads for the tank? yes only 22 and with the tower of power i go through that tank in no time trolling. i bring and extra five gallons with me.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Lol again.. Yup,,Your are too Funny Sam.
Very fortunate. I have a landscaper that lives across the street from me. Well now when he's done the day he drops the mulch in my driveway that's leftover. Too nice and cool. This is one of the neighborhoods where people wave to each other, talk, walk there dogs, like a clip from MRFD. Frozen in time, 85% contractors.
More mulch dropped today...have to get busy. More glass/glue/cabosil showed up today soooo....
Next you'll tell me you like Spiders from Mars or Cosmic Debris.:joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
been at it with a 3 day holiday and prior evenings. It's like putting peices of a puzzle together. Do this then do that, then do this then you can do that...
Moving along. I'm working preglassing stringers, bulkheads and fileting the pcs. in to make the fuel cell area come together;

Glassed sides going in;

Sanding the area down for some EEEEEEEEEEppoxxxxyyyy soaking;

Fitting some glass;

Glassing/wet out;

Oh and the other stringer waiting to go down